Olympics: Sweden Roster Discussion (Roster in post 1)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It's very clear that we're gonna try the good ol' fashioned tactics of being boring to play against. And hope for effective special teams.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
At this point it's looking like a Hedman-level snub. This team could really use a player like him too.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
So to make it clear, they snubbed the SHL's leader in points per game AND also the SHL leader in goals? Is this supposed to be a joke?

Reactions: timbermen

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
At this point it's looking like a Hedman-level snub. This team could really use a player like him too.

It's easy to say in hindsight that Hedman should have made the Olympic team. He did however have some bad luggage from the previous WC and was not a lock based only on his NHL career up to that point. People were not talking about Hedman after they announced the team, Brodin was considered the big snub if I remember correctly. The Tallinder selection was a joke though.

Pettersson got his tryout at the WJC and I think his 5 on 5 play scared the coaching staff away. The Olympics is yet another level higher although the bigger ice could have helped him.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
It's easy to say in hindsight that Hedman should have made the Olympic team. He did however have some bad luggage from the previous WC and was not a lock based only on his NHL career up to that point. People were not talking about Hedman after they announced the team, Brodin was considered the big snub if I remember correctly. The Tallinder selection was a joke though.

Pettersson got his tryout at the WJC and I think his 5 on 5 play scared the coaching staff away. The Olympics is yet another level higher although the bigger ice could have helped him.
So you are saying we dont need a good PP at olympics

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Another day, another goal by E.P.

Looking so much forward to see him play in the Olympics!

This is what I should have been writing right now. But alas, Tre Kronor is run by morons. Bummer.

Reactions: timbermen

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Just curious. What baggage did Hedman have at the time?

Reactions: crossbownerf

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Just curious. What baggage did Hedman have at the time?

Hedman did not have a good WC tournament the previous year. Honestly it was a bit ridiculous, media and fans turned against him and blamed him for everything. He wasn't good but people overreacted.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Lines for the 1st game against Norway (in no order):

Backpar
Staffan Kronwall – Simon Bertilsson
Erik Gustafsson – Jonas Ahnelöv
Patrik Hersley – Rasmus Dahlin
Mikael Wikstrand – Johan Fransson

Kedjor
Oscar Möller – Pär Lindholm – Joakim Lindström
Dennis Everberg – Anton Lander – Linus Omark
Fredrik Pettersson – Joel Lundqvist – Dick Axelsson
Victor Stålberg – Patrik Zackrisson – Alexander Bergström

Extra: John Norman och Carl Klingberg

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The D's in the first three pairs would be my top6 too. However maybe not those pairings.

Still wondering how we're gonna score 5v5.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
[QUOTE="joe89, post: 141085989, member: 84939"0]
Still wondering how we're gonna score 5v5.[/QUOTE]
We wont

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Seriously, we have zero game-breakers on this team.

No young guys for the future to look forward to, aside from Dahlin - who will probably not get any icetime anyway.

Not including Pettersson is ridiculous.

Reactions: Iceman

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
do the fans of this country's team think that they will medal?

I originally thought we would medal regardless if the NHLers went there but now that they decided to go with ancient relics, not so sure any more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad