Olympics: Sweden Roster Discussion (Roster in post 1)

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Watched a bit of the game. It was pretty bad, but then the ice was awful and I have no idea what the refs were doing. Just happy that for once there were no injuries when playing against Canada, so count this a win. Good that Dahlin didn't play much and had sheltered minutes.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
the WJC is at higher level than this olympics

I hope we misses the medal. No pettersson is a crime

Omark isnt better than Pettersson as of now regarless of age.

Anton Lander and Lundqvist is better center then Elias Pettersson?!

Boring team. Euro hockey tour quality.

So we lost to canadas F team lol what joke

We get it. Just stop.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Since SHL teams always wins Champions League year after year, but for the first time ever another league team won. Yup from Finland won this year, so are the SHL not best in europe any longer? Maybe though this noNHL player Olympics is grea. There are plenty great and fun to watch players in Europe so i really looking fred to this.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Dahlin healthy scratch vs Norway?

Supertalangen kan petas i premiären

That is actually a good thing because if there is a team to play against where your players have a higher then average chance of getting hurt against it is playing norway not Canada like the myth says.

The Norweigans play rough and dirty as shit because they know the refs will let them get away with it..............and they do. I cringe playing them, the refs let them get away with bloody murder because they think."well it's little old norway with no chance, we can't be too rough on them with penalties"

That is the attitude of the refs and the norweigans live it up for 60 minutes!!

Every game I have watched Norway play against Canada the refs have basically given them carte blanche to do whatever they please, they play as rough and dirty as it gets in international hockey because they know they can.

You better keep your head up when you play them.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Dahlin looked pretty good to me against Canada, a perfect game to test him but they didn't. Hated the treatment he got at his first WJC and it seems like they have a similar plan for him now.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Grönborg will pick safe and mediocre over high risk high reward 10/10 times. Probably won't see much of Rasmus this tournament.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Looks like Dahlin will be playing after all. But i do not think he will get 1D-pair minuts.

Så ser Tre Kronor ut att ställa upp i OS-premiären

D-Pair
Rasmus Dahlin - Patrick Hersley
Erik Gustavsson - Jonas Ahnelöv
Staffan Kronwall - Simon Bertilsson
Mikael Wikstrand - Johan Fransson

Forwards

Joakim Lindström - Oscar Möller - Pär Lindholm
Dennis Everberg - Anton Lander - Linus Omark
Fredrik Petersson - Joel Lundqvist - Dick Axelsson
Patrik Zachrisson – Alexander Bergström – Viktor Stålberg
John Norman – Carl Klingberg

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I think it will be sweden - canada in the final. Russia shall ofc be favorites still, but I do have the feeling that they will probabaly flop. I think sweden has a better chance to win this olympics then they would have had with all the NHL players.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Hersley has been Dahlin's D partner during practice so the injury to Hersley makes it very convenient for Grönborg to slot Dahlin in as the 7th D tomorrow while keeping the other pairs intact. In other words, don't expect to see much of Dahlin against Germany either.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I want Grönborg and Popovic gone. Give me Rönnberg, Hallam or Berglund. But i guess someone like Tomas Monten is next in line, jesus christ. He is just another Mårts/Grönborg. And btw i dont get why people think that Grönborg loves physical hockey, Tre Kronor is as soft as usual under his command. There is no difference with the grit level with Grönborg than it was with Hardy, Båg and Mårts.

Reactions: TommySalo

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Looks like Dahlin will be playing after all. But i do not think he will get 1D-pair minuts.

Så ser Tre Kronor ut att ställa upp i OS-premiären

D-Pair
Rasmus Dahlin - Patrick Hersley
Erik Gustavsson - Jonas Ahnelöv
Staffan Kronwall - Simon Bertilsson
Mikael Wikstrand - Johan Fransson

Forwards

Joakim Lindström - Oscar Möller - Pär Lindholm
Dennis Everberg - Anton Lander - Linus Omark
Fredrik Petersson - Joel Lundqvist - Dick Axelsson
Patrik Zachrisson – Alexander Bergström – Viktor Stålberg
John Norman – Carl Klingberg

Is this the most boring roster in the history of Swedish national teams?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Dahlin was essentially a scratch against Germany as well, despite being dressed. What a goddamn joke. It's not like the other defensemen are exactly shining out there, what the hell is the problem?

That game against Germany was a farce btw. It looked like Germany was Sweden and Sweden was Germany out there, they should be very happy they got away with a 1-0 win.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->