U18: Sweden Roster 2024 U18 World Championship

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
This 06 group is really not that good especially with their best forward who is an 07 is missing.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Pretty sure you guys will win today if the first formation together with Saarelainen, Jokinen and Nykyri can't carry this team.
The defense and goaltending has been pretty darn bad and against the US they looked horrendous.
Hemming was a complete no show against the US and Kiviharju wasn't good in any way.

I feel like Sweden has bigger depth and that could be the winning factor. Also feel like you guys have capital in Freij and S-W and Härenstam. Individuals that your team can expect more from.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Im proud of the team. In Hlinka we didnt even get out of the group stage with the same players and now we nearly beat Canada to go to the final in U18 WJC. Canada was more effective in the first period both games which set the tone for the rest of the game but thats hockey.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Getting bronze with this weak team. Thats fantastic.

next year;

Ekberg - Frondell - JIW
Klingsell - Björck - Stenberg
Novotny - Nilson - Drott
Jennersjö - Gästrin - Hillström

Boumedienne - Annborn
Sjöström - Lindgren
Håkansson - Elofsson

Härenstam
Forsberg

Reactions: erikhamren

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

next year;

Ekberg - Frondell - JIW
Klingsell - Björck - Stenberg
Novotny - Nilson - Drott
Jennersjö - Gästrin - Hillström

Boumedienne - Annborn
Sjöström - Lindgren
Håkansson - Elofsson

Härenstam
Forsberg
Not a weak team IMO, worse than 04 and 05 but good team anyway. Bronze is what was expected

For next year Hallin and Elofsson can be switched

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002

next year;
I remembered you like to speculate about future teams, so I looked at what you posted a year ago (screenshot). You got 13 players right.

But kind of shows how much happens in a year. Quite interesting IMO, since your prediction a year ago did not look out of place then.

Attachments

• screenshot 2024-05-05 kl. 15.56.23.png
    screenshot 2024-05-05 kl. 15.56.23.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 1

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Easily the third best team in this tournament after the NA teams. With the same effort you guys had against Canada in the second part of the game would've given you a 8-1 victory over Finland.

But... Am I wrong if I'm still not that impressed by the talent level this years with the NA teams being the exception with huge prospects like Hagens and McKenna?
Sure Fernström, Freij and Wallenius. But I feel like I've seen a lot better players at the same age from both Sweden and Finland?

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad