U18: Sweden Roster 2024 U18 World Championship

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

this is where i find it. At no charge. If i understood it right
So, according to HockeyCanada's website it's not free: CHAMPIONSHIPS

"All games are available on a pay-per-view basis. Purchase this game and others here."

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
First lineup changes today, following being shutout:

Zetterberg to center on his line, Hesselvall and Olofsson swaps spots, & Bodin goes next to Leo, Öhrqvist to 3RD, & Sjöqvist to 7D.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
With how Frondell and Wozniak have looked in the u18 nations it would be insanity not to have them on this team. The question is if they should be in top 6 or bottom 6

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Zetterberg-Pettersson-Fernström
Frondell -Eriksson-Eklund
Sterner-Berglund-Wozniak
Klingsell-Gästrin-Ekberg

Sahlin Wallenius - Freij
Annborn - Eliasson
Sjöström - Boumedienne
Bodin

Härenstam
Liv

Smells like Gold

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
As I have said already, 06 are underrated, deep class, plus it will be strengthened by 07

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I personally think Frondell, Ihs Wozniak, Klingsell, Ekberg and Stenberg are good enough to make U18 team as underagers. A case can be made for Eric Nilson and Milton Gästrin.

That's seven 07-born forwards. Obviously not going to happen. But Frondell and Ihs Wozniak are locks after the most recent tourney. But hopefully one or two make the final roster, cause I do think that will improve the team considerably.

Then again, I assume guys like Linus Eriksson, Victor Eklund and Anton Frondell could miss the U18 Worlds if Djurgården makes it to the HockeyAllsvenskan final.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
No Djurgården guys would be a disaster, hope it dont happens. Frondell and Ihs Wozniak are locks in best case scenario so im not worried there. But another 07 forward is needed so i go with Ekberg. Boumedienne or Annborn as 07 defenceman.

Zetterberg - Pettersson - Fernström
Frondell - Eriksson - Eklund
Ekberg - Berglund - Ihs Wozniak
Nordlund - Toresson - Sterner
Hesselvall

Sahlin Wallenius - Bodin
Freij - Gustafsson
Öhrqvist - Eliasson
Annborn or Boumedienne

Härenstam

We are ready

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
No Djurgården guys would be a disaster, hope it dont happens. Frondell and Ihs Wozniak are locks in best case scenario so im not worried there. But another 07 forward is needed so i go with Ekberg. Boumedienne or Annborn as 07 defenceman.

Hesselvall

Sahlin Wallenius - Bodin
Freij - Gustafsson
Öhrqvist - Eliasson
Annborn or Boumedienne

Härenstam

We are ready
Im not too familiar with Gustafsson, but his name and the fact he is a HV71 player, could his dad be HV legend Per Gustafsson?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Im not too familiar with Gustafsson, but his name and the fact he is a HV71 player, could his dad be HV legend Per Gustafsson?
He is a Tingsryd product (from Väckelsång). So not very likely, unless Per previously had decided to move to a small town with lots of horses and people that ride epa:s. When he was born, Per was playing for HV71. Since Viggo is listed as being born in Väckelsång (likely Växjö, officially though), it furthermore makes less sense. And looking at Folkbokföringen/Ratsit, he appears to only have a daughter (children 16 or older are listed) /Detective Preds

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He is a Tingsryd product (from Väckelsång). So not very likely, unless Per previously had decided to move to a small town with lots of horses and people that ride epa:s. When he was born, Per was playing for HV71. Since Viggo is listed as being born in Väckelsång (likely Växjö, officially though), it furthermore makes less sense. And looking at Folkbokföringen/Ratsit, he appears to only have a daughter (children 16 or older are listed) /Detective Preds
He has 4 children, all between 19-27. Well, 4 children unless he has been busy the past 4 years.

Also: Frondell should play 1C. With or without Eriksson in the lineup.

ThunderStrike

Jul 26, 2023

Hesselvall

Sahlin Wallenius - Bodin
Freij - Gustafsson
Öhrqvist - Eliasson
Annborn or Boumedienne

Härenstam

We are ready

Hesselvall

Sahlin Wallenius - Bodin
Freij - Gustafsson
Öhrqvist - Eliasson
Annborn or Boumedienne

Härenstam

We are ready
U18 has a clearly worse weaker D side than U17. Behind Sahlin Wallenius and Frej, it is difficult to find stability in terms of +/-. If you look at statistics alone and think defensively, Håkansson should be tested. With +10 in 18 games in the U17 he´s a contender for a spot.
Boumedienne is a liability defensively +2 over 14 games. Annborn with -4 on U19 in USA and +2 in 10 games U17.

Thoughts?

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
U18 has a clearly worse weaker D side than U17. Behind Sahlin Wallenius and Frej, it is difficult to find stability in terms of +/-. If you look at statistics alone and think defensively, Håkansson should be tested. With +10 in 18 games in the U17 he´s a contender for a spot.
Boumedienne is a liability defensively +2 over 14 games. Annborn with -4 on U19 in USA and +2 in 10 games U17.

Thoughts?
Oliwer Sjöström maybe. +11 in J20 so far. Yep, after SW and Freij the defence is kinda weak. Tbh the goalies too, like no 06 goalie has really impressed in the NT during the season.

Our offense looks good tho with the adds of Frondell and Ihs Wozniak and maybe Ekberg and Gästrin. But beside Zetterberg, Pettersson and maybe Eriksson/Fernström theres really no 06 forward to rely on.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
viggo björk? :cool:

I think he is good enough, but taking a double underager who has not played a single u18 national team game…(or J20 Nationell) and keeping in mind this is Sweden we talk about…. Yeah seems like a stretch. He would probably been named if he represented another EU country 😅.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad