Sweden announces Olympic Orientation Camp

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Pär Mårts love for Niklas Persson is just ridiculous...He should not even be considered. He was clearly not good enough to be on the WC team, still he was one of few players promised a spot months before the tournament started. He proceeded with being horrible at the WC...and now he's ahead of Silf and Zib, a ****ing 3rd liner in the KHL heading to the NLA next season.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Odd in particular that Silfverberg is not invited. In his trophy case you will find and SEL MVP trophy and a Playoffs MVP trophy.

On the list of forwards are several SEL players.... but Not Silfverberg.

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
Zibanejad had a decent rookie season. I was impressed, and im very happy with him.

Injuries?? He was healthy the whole NHL season.

Did you even watch one game that Zibanejad played??

He had concussion problems in his last year in the SEL(2012) which held him to only 26 games and then when he came over during the lockout he sustained a neck injury in the AHL. He never really started the year healthy in the AHL and when he came into the NHL when Spezza went down i wouldn't of considered him to be 100%. I think we saw glimpse's of what he could be this year but never saw the full package. He should come into training camp this year at 100% and then we will get a better view of him. In my mind this was an alright season for him but he could of done better if he was healthy.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
If sweden doesnt figure out that imbalance somehow, they're going to be in trouble. It's going to be quite easy for teams to just power down the left wing against RWs and defensemen on their backhand.

It still blows my mind that this is such a big issue for god damn professional hockey players.

I know its a massive stretch to compare me to an NHL player, but I'm talking about the concept here lol.

I was a righty that liked to play the left point, even though I would play either. Each has its own advantages, but one wasn't really better than the other. I know people obviously prefer a side, but if you have someone on their lesser side that is such a detriment that the other team specifically rushes you, you have bigger problems than that.

On your off side, your stick is facing the center of the ice. Offensively, this makes it easier to walk the line with the puck, make a d2d pass, and protect a puck that is shot up the boards with your body.

Defensively, you can really direct a forward where you want him with your stick. If you mind your gap, are good with your stick, and can throw a hip check if needed, rushing wide isnt an issue. It also allows you to hit players that cut to the middle easily, and you have your open hand to push them with.

Maybe its because people are stubborn and never take the time to learn the subtle differences when they are younger...idk?

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Jakob and Mika will play Olympic hockey eventually. For now, however, I'm totally OK with them resting during the break and being fresh for the stretch drive.
Same with Alfie if he returns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad