WJC: Sweden 2019 Roster Talk

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Leafs fan who will be rooting for Sweden a lot in this tournament! Sucks that Liljegren is unavailable, but looking forward to seeing Sandin and Holmberg!

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Alright, the exhibitions game are done. Now 3 players will be cut, 2F and 1D.

Goals + OT

Last edited:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Time stamps:

0:00: Höglander (Hållander, Holmberg)
0:56: Södergran(Sveningsson)
1:21: Broberg(Westerlund, Leufvenius)
1:53(OT): Olofsson (Sandin, Elvenes)

Looks like the overtime goal isn’t being counted for stats purposes as the game officially ended at the end of the third period, 3-1 Sweden. Here’s hockey Canada’s official summary:

Game Summary

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Looks like the overtime goal isn’t being counted for stats purposes as the game officially ended at the end of the third period, 3-1 Sweden. Here’s hockey Canada’s official summary:

Game Summary
Yeah, I doubt they have the functionality for OT without a tied regulation score, but that game summary is wrong anyway lol, has Höglander's goal repeated in place of Södergran's goal.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Yeah, I doubt they have the functionality for OT without a tied regulation score, but that game summary is wrong anyway lol, has Höglander's goal repeated in place of Södergran's goal.

I know. Last year the US didn’t count any of Sweden’s secondary assists in the prelims, those stats were wrong too but they were the ones that stood at the end, as they were the ones reported by the official host/source.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Höglander is cut, seriously?

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Sarnia fan here. I'm absolutely shocked that Leufvenius was cut. Does anybody have any details to as why? He's on pace for a 80+ point season and has by far been our best player which started last year in the playoffs.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Sarnia fan here. I'm absolutely shocked that Leufvenius was cut. Does anybody have any details to as why? He's on pace for a 80+ point season and has by far been our best player which started last year in the playoffs.

I would have cut Sveningsson long before Hugo. Sweden is going to miss his physical presence.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!

First PP-unit during practice yesterday was Boqvist-Brännström-Lundeström-Zetterlund-Sveningsson

Boqvist should not be on the top unit. Would much rather Elvenes or Bemstrom be there instead.

Liljegren is also really unlucky, as Monten went with 2 D on the top PP this year, which would undoubtedly have been him and Brannstrom this year. The injury ended all of that.

Last year, Liljegren was also the best RHD on the team, but didn't get on the top unit because Monten went with 1 Dman on the top PP unit (Dahlin).

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Is he better than any of the other wingers though? I don't think so. No Höglander is a much bigger surprise, we could have used that speed.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Boqvist should not be on the top unit. Would much rather Elvenes or Bemstrom be there instead.

Liljegren is also really unlucky, as Monten went with 2 D on the top PP this year, which would undoubtedly have been him and Brannstrom this year. The injury ended all of that.

Last year, Liljegren was also the best RHD on the team, but didn't get on the top unit because Monten went with 1 Dman on the top PP unit (Dahlin).

Boqvist is a lot more effective than Liljegren on the PP.

Reactions: Weiss1604

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad