WJC: Sweden 2019 Roster Talk

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
what are Sebastian Walfridsson's chances of making the team? Is he still injured?

Walfridsson impressed at the sumer showcase. I would have him ahead of Ginning on the LD depth chart. That said, I doubt Monten takes him ahead of Ginning, therefore it's hard seeing a scenario where he makes the team.

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
Sveningsson having 18 points (9 goals) in 22 Allsvenskan games is disappointing? Or were you talking about international play?

Right now, I'm hoping that Sveningsson and Leufvenius both make the final roster.
Sveningsson didn’t improve much at the last U20 tournament, he was one of the weakest players in the team in my opinion. Don’t think he will make the team.

Reactions: Wings4Life

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Saw a Sarnia game last weekend and came away very impressed with Hugo Leufvenius. He is a lot better than when he started out the year and I hope the Golden Knighs can acquire him next summer.

Leufvenius has 4 goals, 2 assists in his last 4 games, and leads his OHL team with 31 points in 26 games, including 17 goals (12 at ES). He is 1st place on his OHL team for goals and points. He's 17th in the OHL in points and 11th in goals. He causes turnovers on the forecheck and chaos in front of the net with his strength. Also has good hands around the net. If he was not on a bottom 5 team in the OHL, his stats would undoubtedly be even more impressive. He even leads the Swedish U-20 NT in points per game right now, though he did not play in the summer showcase.

Sweden is already weak on the left wing, and getting weaker now that Berggren and Sveningsson have both disappointed. On small ice, a left wing power forward like Leufvenius could come in handy in the bottom 6.

Yes, its very disappointing that Berggren got injured.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Do you know how long he's out for and what happened?

There is an update in an article in the local newspaper today.
Article very vague on body part, just saying "upper body", but still leaving out some details. They've run the x-ray scans, and it says its a stress fracture, but not where. He wont have to go through surgery. Meanwhile he will be able to do some physical training. It says he was injured on 6th november and that he will have to rest for three months. But whether that is counting from yesterday, or from 6th november, Im not sure.

Reactions: Christien

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The strength of this team this year will be on defense.

nope. liljegren is injured and dahlin is in nhl.

Sveningsson - Lundeström - Elvenes
Fagemo - Holmberg - Bemström
Hållander - Olofsson - Zetterlund
Södergran - Leufvenius - Eriksson
Sylvegård

Brännström - Lundqvist
Sandin - Westerlund
S.Johansson - Boqvist
Ginning

Ersson
Åhman
Eriksson Ek

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
nope. liljegren is injured and dahlin is in nhl.

Sveningsson - Lundeström - Elvenes
Fagemo - Holmberg - Bemström
Hållander - Olofsson - Zetterlund
Södergran - Leufvenius - Eriksson
Sylvegård

Brännström - Lundqvist
Sandin - Westerlund
S.Johansson - Boqvist
Ginning

Ersson
Åhman
Eriksson Ek
Liljegren returned to the game yesterday I believe.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Is Boqvist likely a 2nd pairing guy with PP time on this team?

Mauler

Dec 19, 2015
This years Sweden team is the weakest in years i think… I would like to see atleist one of Holtz Raymond or Gunler in this team

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
They're not on the same pairing on the Marlies, Liljegren 1st pair, Sandin 2nd but they've both been excellent.

Oh I know! I just mean in the instances where they have been on the ice together they looked in sync and seemed comfortable with eachother.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad