Sven Andrighetto vs. Charles Hudon

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
In my opinion, Hudon is the better prospect between the two. Been impressed by him whenever I had the opportunity to watch him play.

As for next year, there are 4 or 5 players that could get a shot so I wouldn't say it's only between them. I'd prefer Hudon though, by far.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Being one of the best players in the AHL in his first season there, I can't see Hudon learning much more in the AHL unless we're talking about playoff experience. Both probably should make the big club out of camp or be very close.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Neither.

Maybe Hudon.

Why Neither.

Hudon had very good stats in the AHL for a first season. Usually guys doing over 55 points in the AHL at 20 years old and are good defensively reach the NHL and become at worst effective third liners able to play 2nd line when there's injuries.

I have nothing against Prust but as a 3rd liner he could be upgraded by Hudon in the next 2-3 years. There's always a chance for more. At the same age Plekanec shown the same type of progress and potential as Hudon.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
In my opinion, Hudon is the better prospect between the two.

Offensively it's pretty much the same. But Hudon is a more complete player than Ghetto is. Better defensively. Little bit bigger. More poised. Ghetto will have a harder time getting a 3rd line spot than Hudon if he doesn't become an effective top 6.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Andrighetto.

He's played 3 years in the AHL. He produced when given the chance and he's a right shot.

Hudon needs to have another good half season, though, I would have him in the line-up AS well.

Andrigetto shoots left but plays right or center,Hudon is a center is he not?

I think our best lineup includes: Andrighetto, Bournival, and Thomas over guys like DSP, DLR, Flynn, and Prust. If Hudon's ready, all the better. I want us to be the fastest team in the league.

Yup! time to let the young speedsters play, need to combat that Tampa line!
In Hamilton last year, they played Bournival with Thomas and Andrigetto,not much,but was nice to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bahama Mama

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I honestly have no idea. They seem fairly equal in their development no?

Hudon started off the year on such a great run, but as the season went on he seemed to wear down a bit and was heavily checked. Ghetto was on pace for about 52 points had he played all 76 games in his rookie year. The difference is that Ghetto doesn't have the two way game, smarts or grit to his game that Hudon has. But he's quicker, better skater and a better slap shot.

Andrigetto shoots left but plays right or center,Hudon is a center is he not?

Ghetto can play all 3 spots, Hudon is a center that can play LW as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the wing in the NHL.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Being one of the best players in the AHL in his first season there, I can't see Hudon learning much more in the AHL unless we're talking about playoff experience. Both probably should make the big club out of camp or be very close.

He should be able to replace D.D at center,more like a Claude Giroux

Reactions: Bahama Mama

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Now that PAP is gone, there has to be someone to take over his roster spot.

If you had to choose between Andrighetto and Hudon to fill that spot, who would you pick?

Umm, can I ask if they will be played at their natural position first?

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Hudon has really good 2 way play, i'd love to see a Hudon - Plekanec - Frolik line if we manage to sign Frolik, we could replace DD with Galchenyuk on the 1st line.

I take Hudon without hesitation, that would be great line to watch, might not have enough grind for Therrien.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I think Hudon will have the better/longer career, but Andrighetto would probably end up being better right now. I think he's the next D'Agostini... hope I'm wrong.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Hudon started off the year on such a great run, but as the season went on he seemed to wear down a bit and was heavily checked. Ghetto was on pace for about 52 points had he played all 76 games in his rookie year. The difference is that Ghetto doesn't have the two way game, smarts or grit to his game that Hudon has. But he's quicker, better skater and a better slap shot..

Agree with everything you said but you're missing Hudon biggest quality on the ice: he's so good at reading the play that he's always stealing to puck away from the other team. His anticipation is just amazing and that's why he's always dangerous on the PK as well. MT will fall in love for that kid.

For the poll : Hudon AINEC.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Agree with everything you said but you're missing Hudon biggest quality on the ice: he's so good at reading the play that he's always stealing to puck away from the other team. His anticipation is just amazing and that's why he's always dangerous on the PK as well. MT will fall in love for that kid.

For the poll : Hudon AINEC.

For me that falls under smarts, his hockey IQ is his best asset along with his skill. I do think MT will like him a lot since he plays a sound defensive game. What I like about him aside from being so smart is that he's got a bit of sandpaper to him, he will mix it up a bit.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
For me that falls under smarts, his hockey IQ is his best asset along with his skill. I do think MT will like him a lot since he plays a sound defensive game. What I like about him aside from being so smart is that he's got a bit of sandpaper to him, he will mix it up a bit.

Much better competitor than Andrifloatto

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto
Hudon - Plekanec - Frolik
Desharnais - Eller - Gallagher
de la Rose - Mitchell - Weise

I like this. My only tweak is replacing DD with DLR and have Mitch/Weise/Prust/Bournival/DSP on the 4th.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
We need to a move a defenseman (Gilbert or Emelin hopefully) if we don't want to carry 8 defenseman, which I hope we don't. If we could sign Frolik and keep DD, I would love to give both rookies a shot.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto
Hudon - Plekanec - Frolik
Desharnais - Eller - Gallagher
de la Rose - Mitchell - Weise

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Frolik (go score)
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher (Galch be as creative as you want and let Larry take care of the D)
DeLaRose-Mitchell-Weise (Checking line with a smidgen of talent)
Prust-Desharnais-DSP (2 big bodies with DD, could surprise with some pts against 4th liners)
extra:Flynn/Bournival

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
extra: Tinordi (agree move Gilbert)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Much better competitor than Andrifloatto

I can never take anyone serious when they start with silly name calling. To me it just shows a clear agenda. I noticed it a ton in the DSP thread where instead of discussing him you would see immature posts calling him smith belly etc... It's the same thing here, you clearly don't like Andrighetto and that's fine as everyone is entitled not to like someone for whatever reason valid or invalid but for me it just means to never pay any attention to their opinion.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I can never take anyone serious when they start with silly name calling. To me it just shows a clear agenda. I noticed it a ton in the DSP thread where instead of discussing him you would see immature posts calling him smith belly etc... It's the same thing here, you clearly don't like Andrighetto and that's fine as everyone is entitled not to like someone for whatever reason valid or invalid but for me it just means to never pay any attention to their opinion.

It's every post from his too.. He has some agenda against a young kid who put up 3 pts in 3 games then was inexplicably sent down to the 4th line.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It's every post from his too.. He has some agenda against a young kid who put up 3 pts in 3 games then was inexplicably sent down to the 4th line.

He was already on the fourth line for two of those three points, and it was not inexplicable.

I repeat he was already on the fourth line for two of those three points.

Fact, he was already on the fourth line for two of those three points.

Of course, on the first of them, he stayed out past his shift and inherited Pleks and I think Gallagher as linemates.

His second goal, against LA, came from Bournival as they played the fourth line together.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

There is a difference between harping on a guy's height ("wee David" or"the midget") or someone's colour, sexual orientation and so forth, which are all things one has no control over, versus calling out a player for loafing, cherrypicking and not hustling. Those are fair game, IMO.

Gilbert Dionne had a productive first few games in the NHL, and he had more talent than Andrighetto. But fluke is fluke, and eventually things find their level.

Andrighetto played one game on the fourth line, one game on the second line, a third game on the third (two periods) and fourth(one period) and scored three points.

Playing him on the third and fourth lines after that was not a demotion, but by and large more of the same, especially since he got some PP time during the next nine games anyway.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He was already on the fourth line for two of those three points, and it was not inexplicable.

I repeat he was already on the fourth line for two of those three points.

Fact, he was already on the fourth line for two of those three points.

Of course, on the first of them, he stayed out past his shift and inherited Pleks and I think Gallagher as linemates.

His second goal, against LA, came from Bournival as they played the fourth line together.

Sven Andrighetto from Tomas Plekanec, Jiri Sekac.
Tomas Plekanec from Sven Andrighetto, Jiri Sekac.
Sven Andrighetto from Michael Bournival, Alexei Emelin (David Desharnais, Tom Gilbert also on the ice).

Sounds to me like the Tomas Plekanec, Jiri Sekac and Sven Andrighetto line showed some chemistry. In fact, they did. So why was it broken up?

Probably for the same reason Galchenyuk was moved from center. Jiri Sekac was traded away for DSP..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad