Sven Andrighetto healthy scratched by Lefebvre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/h...-hamilton-bulldogs-bad-coach-sven-andrighetto

At least it was nice to read that the writer of this article sees Andrighetto as being clearly the Bulldogs' best forward. I have hopes for him.

But, I've been wary of what's been going on down on the farm under Lefebvre. I'm not in the room so can't comment. But this article highlites some of the things we're all seeing on the surface...

Making his best, most dynamic forward a healthy scratch, Sylvain Lefebvre continually takes steps backwards as the head coach of the Bulldogs.

 TWEET (46) SHARE (116)  SHARE 36 COMMENTS ⋆ REC 3
Sometimes when it comes to developing players, you give the benefit of the doubt to the people in charge. However when a head coach hasn't made a single player significantly better by any account, and has seemingly made a few worse, while running a record of 59-83-4-12 in nearly two and a quarter seasons, it's difficult to do so.

If you talk to anyone who watches the Hamilton Bulldogs regularly, there is one absolute constant since the beginning of last season; whatever little offense there is, Sven Andrighetto drives it. He is, very obviously, the most dynamic and hard-working player on the Bulldogs. Surprisingly strong for his size, Andrighetto is a voracious forechecker, and his speed forces opponents to play conservatively for fear of being caught for an odd man rush.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Yeah I always want to give the benefit of the doubt to guys, but this one seems to be completely out of it... Dogs should be tops in the AHL this year, it's kind of pathetic.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Where do you healthy scratch someone...under their arms?

I have no issues with Lefebvre sitting him out a game, and I particularly liked his quotes. Good players should be held to higher standards, whether it be PK or Andi.

Much like the Leblanc instance that was seen on video..this club does not coddle its players, and I have zero issue with that.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012

I have no issues with Lefebvre sitting him out a game, and I particularly liked his quotes. Good players should be held to higher standards, whether it be PK or Andi.

Much like the Leblanc instance that was seen on video..this club does not coddle its players, and I have zero issue with that.

I agree with you and as I said, I haven't been on the Lefebvre bashing bandwagon, but at some point, you gotta admit that the results have been pretty underwhelming in Hamilton since the beginning of his tenure. Anyways, I trust MB blindly with this team, he knows what he's doing and he's corrected his own mistakes when he had the opportunity.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Winning is also part of developping winners.

Losing for the sake of developing the right way is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Jiri Sekac was sat for 7 games while the Habs slumped, in desperate need for offense. Not much of a peep about that until maybe the 6th game or so.

One AHL prospect sits for one game and people lose their minds.

I couldn't give a 6 foot turd how the Bulldogs do in the standings.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Winning is also part of developping winners.

Losing for the sake of developing the right way is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.

Also, which players have we seen take a step forward under Lefebvre. I wouldn't care if the team stank if we had guys taking the next step down there, but everyone seems to be at best maintaining. Hell, Gallagher produced more in the NHL than the AHL.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
3 apples for Sven already today, haven't been watching but one would suggest him being sat has lit a fire underneath him.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Jiri Sekac was sat for 7 games while the Habs slumped, in desperate need for offense. Not much of a peep about that until maybe the 6th game or so.

One AHL prospect sits for one game and people lose their minds.

I couldn't give a 6 foot turd how the Bulldogs do in the standings.

Hmm, if I remember correctly people were complaining the moment Sekac was sat because they felt Bourque should be sitting instead.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Not many.

Well at the point of your original comment:

-One person didn't understand the move.
-One person agreed with it.
-One person has no idea what's going on.
-One person dislikes the underwhelming results by Lefebvre.

I think that also constitutes as "not many", does it not? :dunno:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Well at the point of your original comment:

-One person didn't understand the move.
-One person agreed with it.
-One person has no idea what's going on.
-One person dislikes the underwhelming results by Lefebvre.

I think that also constitutes as "not many", does it not? :dunno:

And in the Bulldogs thread?...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I have no issues with Lefebvre sitting him out a game, and I particularly liked his quotes. Good players should be held to higher standards,

I disagree with that totally. It's the JM mentally.

All players should be held to the same standard. To give his 100% every game.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Borque will be back before seasons end, mark my word.

Why would he?

He cleared waivers. It's not like his salary is high. His cap hit is 3.3 and his salary is 2.5. In the NHL of 2014 it's almost nothing. He cleared waivers cause the 29 other DGs think he can't help their club. So why would he help us since we are first in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad