Proposal: Svedberg for Yakapov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Straight up. Would you do it? Would Edmonton do it? I would do it in a heartbeat. Of course it would leave us dangerously thin if anything happened to Rask. Maybe Yak couldn't deal with our structured style. Any thoughts?

im a bruin fan but your proposal is embarrassing

the only first overall picks we might be able to trade an ahl goalie for would be patrick stefan maybe or brian lawton possibly

yakupov may or may not ever fit into a structured system... we had problems fitting seguin in here... but we sure as hell didnt deal seguin for an ahl goalie.

if edmonton is forced into dealing yakupov then they would be asking for rask before they even began to consider a 1-for-1 deal for a goalie.

now if you meant throw svedberg in with a guy like kelly... a guy like hamilton... take back a contract cause edmonton is at 49 contacts and cant do a 3-1 deal... then we might have something worth debating

edmonton would probably need to do two deals in order to make sense... their needs cant be filled with one single deal. if they did get a guy like hamilton, theyd need to move a dman or two to free up some icetime

i think its time for edmonton to shop petry... too soft... not offensive enough...

edmonton should proceed with schultz/hamilton for their right shot young dmen and kefbloom/nurse for their left shot young dmen... and get a couple very strong leader types to be the 5/6 dmen... smid/ference are fine in that role... petry would be expendable if they made a move for a stud like hamilton.

is hamilton expendable to us if we get a future first line stud in return? i say yes. chara/seidenberg will have their legs fall off in 3-4-5 years time but until then we will challange for cups. we will need a rebuild when chara is finished. there will be opportunity to move a marchand/krecji type for a stud dman at that time

i dont know if hamilton will be ready to contribute to a cup run in the next couple years as he needs to grow and get stronger... dmen sometimes take a few years to develop.

forwards like yakupov can contribute immedately. he already led the oilers in goal scoring despite getting almost no icetime with any quality linemates.

bring the kid in... play him with bergeron... theres all the structure/leadership any kid needs on the ice. seguins problems were off the ice. on the ice he led the league in plus/minus and led us in scoring.

move ericksson to a line with soderberg... leave krecji with lucic/iginla.

let marchand bounce back and forth between bergeron/erickssons lines whoever needs the help more... and let caron/smith/spooner battle for the open spot thats left over

this gives us three strong scoring lines all capable of playing defense... providing grit...

we can afford to move kelly and hamilton and if we can get yakupov for this offer we should jump all over it imho. svedberg is no deal breaker when we have a chance for last years first overall pick in return

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
No, I wouldn't do that but I'd do Knight for Seth Jones and then flip Bartkowski for Hertl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad