Proposal: Svedberg for Yakapov

Status
Not open for further replies.

caper8

Sep 5, 2007
Halifax
Straight up. Would you do it? Would Edmonton do it? I would do it in a heartbeat. Of course it would leave us dangerously thin if anything happened to Rask. Maybe Yak couldn't deal with our structured style. Any thoughts?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Edmontons gm would be fired on the spot and peter chiarelli would be knighted.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Not only is the value not really comparable (at least on paper...it wouldn't surprise me if 10 years from now Svedberg is a better NHLer), but it doesn't really meet Edmonton's most pressing need which is a legit NHL starting goaltender.

Also there should be a PSA banner at the top of this site that simply states:
"If your evaluation of a trade proposal is that you'd do it in a heartbeat then it is probably a bad trade and you should keep it to yourself"

Any good trade should make both sides hesitate a bit at the thought of what they're giving up, otherwise they're obviously not giving up anything of value so why would the other side bother?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
You know what makes this deal funny? They state, "straight up". Not even an attempt to sell a bunch of bit parts to make up the difference

Svedberg + McQuaid + 2nd round pick for Yakapov :sarcasm:

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I laugh with them.

Comparable from their side:

Yakapov for Rask, straight up.

And then we laugh at Edmonton for even putting up such an offer.

Honestly, I have not heard much good about Yakupov. From what has been said about him, he definitely doesn't have that work ethic that the Bruins want in their players.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Svedberg would be a good piece if we were to try to get Yakupov, but just him...? You're dreaming.

You'd have to include a roster D-man, probably Boychuk. Add a top-9 forward, and then maybe more. They want impact players now as much as futures. They'd be asking for the moon. We'd have to give up a lot more than Sveddy.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
TSN Radio ‏@TSN1050Radio 11m
Darren Dreger: If offered Nail Yakupov, he doesn't think the Leafs would give up James Reimer. Too much doubt over the fmr #1 pick so far

If his value is that low I would offer Subban +

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Svedberg would be a good piece if we were to try to get Yakupov, but just him...? You're dreaming.

You'd have to include a roster D-man, probably Boychuk. Add a top-9 forward, and then maybe more. They want impact players now as much as futures. They'd be asking for the moon. We'd have to give up a lot more than Sveddy.

Edmonton wouldn't be interested in trading a guy with all that talent for for Svedberg and some bit parts. They'd want something right now.

They lost out on Bernier and Schneider, I don't see anyone else trading a goalie good enough to justify trading Yakupov

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Edmonton wouldn't be interested in trading a guy with all that talent for for Svedberg and some bit parts. They'd want something right now.

They lost out on Bernier and Schneider, I don't see anyone else trading a goalie good enough to justify trading Yakupov

There has been talk of a Yakapov for Ryan Miller trade.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
One of the worst posts I've seen on this forum. If anyone on here wouldn't do that they are an absolute moron.

Svedberg wouldn't get us Ference back let alone Yakupov. Come on.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
On what planet, in what galaxy, in what alternate ****ing universe does Edmonton do this trade? Honest-to-God, what goes through people's heads sometimes? If this is what makes it onto the page I shudder to think what didn't pass muster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad