Svechnikov vs Pettersson

Svech or Petey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Svechnikov is better by a pretty decent amount so centers and wingers don’t really matter here.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I think they are close but do feel Svechnikov is better at the moment.

I'd rather have Svechnikov for a playoff run which probably answers the question. More physical and better away from the puck play.

Last edited:

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
Same reason why Svechnikov is better than Marner. More physical, better goal scorer and better away from the puck.

Pettersson outscored him last year and they're tied so far this year. How exactly is he the better goalscorer? Do you mean to say he'll end up a better goalscorer? As for defence, that's debatable.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
This is an opinion. It's not a fact. I did not ask you to repeat your or someone else opinion. I asked you to support your opinion with a fact. Do you have any facts supporting your opinion?
This is the worst post i seen on hfboards. Centers have a history being the superior players. Check your nhl history. Everybody knows this.

Thats why a center is more valuable in the draft then the winger.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
This is the worst post i seen on hfboards. Centers have a history being the superior players. Check your nhl history. Everybody knows this.

Thats why a center is more valuable in the draft then the winger.

This^ is the worst post I have seen in the entire internet.

Everyone always knew the Earth is flat. Check the history of humans.:sarcasm:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I think they’re close but Pettersson is a bit better. I also think Pettersson has a lot more flaws than Svechnikov. Another way to look at it is Pettersson has a lot more room to grow, which is what makes people believe he has such huge potential. He still looks like Bambi out there often and he needs to improve his shot generation, 5 on 5 scoring, and overall consistency. I think sometimes EP forgets how good he can be and gets literally too passive. When he looks to score and use his elite shot that is when he’s at his best.

So I vote EP because I think he’s better now and has more room to grow.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
right now it's a wash, but svech is younger and has more potential. voted for svechnikov. hope he won't be always dragged down by limited ice time and 2 grinders.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pettersson outscored him last year and they're tied so far this year. How exactly is he the better goalscorer? Do you mean to say he'll end up a better goalscorer? As for defence, that's debatable.
He is 2 years younger, he is so physically dominant at 19 its a little crazy. But EP has unteachable elite hockey IQ very different but both players are extremely elite.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
He is 2 years younger, he is so physically dominant at 19 its a little crazy. But EP has unteachable elite hockey IQ very different but both players are extremely elite.

Pettersson is 16 months older and one draft year ahead.

I think this thread will be very interesting to revisit in a couple of years.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Great poll, I am incredibly torn. Both are incredible talents, but if you put a gun to my head I guess I would take Svech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad