Svechnikov VS Kotkaniemi

Pick one

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Both are going amazing player in this league no doubt about that. But Kotkaniemi is just the real deal there. Amazing hockey IQ, good at defensive zone, great shot, amazing hands, he got everything to be a elite C.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Both are great young talents. Svechnikov was all over the place last period against sabres. If he plays with that kind of intensity most of his games he is going to be special. Kotkaniemi have been on fire lately. His IQ and his composure is incredible for 18 year old player. Hard to say at this point who is going to be better. Kotkaniemi is having more consistent season but both are still adjusting.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
Kotkaniemi is more 18 than Svech. Can’t teach age and what was Svech doing at 18? JK will always be ahead because he’s doing it younger.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Svech has been playing with plumbers all season. Get this guy with come skill and his production will go through the roof.

Reactions: Morrison

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Svech has been playing with plumbers all season. Get this guy with come skill and his production will go through the roof.

Kotkaniemi has been playing mostly 3rd line minutes as well with guys like Lehkonen, Armia, Byron and Agostino. Both have an elite skillset and are still just getting their feet wet in the NHL. It's a coin toss right now.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Still a toss up. I expect both to explode in the next couple of seasons.

They play pretty different games though, so its hard to compare them.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
They both have similar points, EV points, total TOI/gp, PP TOI/gp. No idea who plays with better players, but it's a toss up and could go either way going forward.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Linemates thing really doesn't work here.

Kotkas biggest strenght is his smarts and he too will (most likely) start to produce at a lot higher rate when he gets to play with high end players, or better players.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I had Svech by a mile before the draft. I probably still side with Schech, but Kotkaniemi has been extremely impressive.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I would pick Kotkaniemi for several reasons.

First of all, his trajectory has been great. He's improved throughout the season and even considering his pre-draft season, he's had a sharper trajectory. Second, he's a center. Third, he in my opinion displays a higher upside than Svechnikov with real franchise C potential.
Armia's such a beast, man. So is Lehkonen. Really carrying that Kotkaniemi dude.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
At this point it depends on what your team needs... Habs still pick kotka at #3 and Canes Svech at #4 regardless of what happens... Maybe the Canes have trouble deciding between Tkachuk and Svech, but I still believe they don't change their pick.

Teams that are already set with 1-2 centers will pick Svech... Teams that lack centers will pick Kotka. I'd pick both and cry of joy.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Asa leafs fan. Kotka won me over early on in pre season and more so throughout the year watching him play.

Kotka pretty easily in my mind. He's just so damn smart and has a high end skillset. I think kotka is gonna be a top 15 c and maybe even top 10 it's early in his career but sky's the limit.

Reactions: kp61c and Grabner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad