Post-Game Talk: Suzuki Seals Preseason- Habs win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Kotkaniemi with 8 minutes of ice time and Poehling with 11 minutes is unacceptable.

Just realize how Suzuki is thriving with ice-time right now.. play the kids or send them down. Period.
Well said

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We're really writing off Kotka based on the pre-season? The kid showed what he can do at the NHL level all of last year, never looking out of place and as soon as we get Suzuki, we're ready to toss him aside?

Tough market! lol

This is a fan base that ranted for years about passing on Perron for Pacioretty because Perron made the NHL and produced first.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Barkov's skating has improved but it is far from terrific. He is just incredibly strong and talented with a high hockey IQ. Much like O'Reilly and Kopitar, speed will never be his forte

Barkov's skating his way better than Kopitar's. He's able to add a burst of speed to beat people wide and his start-ups have improved. Kid's a force.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They got Bouchard for this reason. Develop our prospects. He helped Juuslen, Evans, mete and Fleury. He even improved McCaron. Let him do his job.

How much did Bouchard help Mete in only 7 games played in Laval? I respect Bouchard and am not denying his impact but I see a more reasonable influence with those players he spent a significant time with like the others you mention, just not Mete.

Reactions: Edgy

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Barkov's skating his way better than Kopitar's. He's able to add a burst of speed to beat people wide and his start-ups have improved. Kid's a force.

Barkov is the most underrated player in the game but and he is very similar to Kopitar as far as skating is concerned. Barkov's speed is only average but like Kopitar he is a horse.

Reactions: overlords

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How much did Bouchard help Mete in only 7 games played in Laval? I respect Bouchard and am not denying his impact but I see a more reasonable influence with those players he spent a significant time with like the others you mention, just not Mete.

Mete was disappointef to be sent down at first. But then when he was re-called he didn't even want to go bavk up. He said he was learning a lot from Bouchard.

I just think we won't have Bouchard for long. He'll get a job in the NHL soon.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Mete was disappointef to be sent down at first. But then when he was re-called he didn't even want to go bavk up. He said he was learning a lot from Bouchard.

I think you're right but the Habs should have no issues attracting talented coachs that are used to working with kids. Why we were stuck with Sly for so long is just beyond me.

Reactions: 26Mats

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Not exactly. Not that it matters all that much but just to set the record straight:

His family name will be familiar to many Canadians who know about David Suzuki, the award-winning geneticist and broadcaster who has written or co-authored more than 50 books and co-founded the David Suzuki Foundation which empowers people to take action in their communities on environmental challenges.

“He is my grandpa’s cousin,” Nick said about David Suzuki. “Not immediate (family). I met him once, but it was a long time ago at a family reunion. I don’t really remember it, but my parents do.”

Nick Suzuki looking to make a name for himself with Canadiens

Yeah I thought I read somewhere about it but in my mind it was his..loll...thanks for the facts :)

Jul 6, 2016

I dunno if the Habs would give him the head coaching job someday... Way too outspoken and intense for them, I think they prefer Ducharme's style.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
To be totally honest with you, i believe some if not most are NOT Habs fans but band waggoned when their team turned bad or disappeared.

Band wagon are you serious. Much of the critique comes from the true dyed in blue blanc rouge veterans who have been here like forever suffering with this latest regime. When was the last time we were even good enough to have band wagon fans?

Reactions: Edgy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We're really writing off Kotka based on the pre-season? The kid showed what he can do at the NHL level all of last year, never looking out of place and as soon as we get Suzuki, we're ready to toss him aside?

Tough market! lol
I don't see too much writing off at this point more concern about mobility than anything else. Expectations are very very high for this kid and like someone posted earlier if they would drop to more reasonable levels so would the rhetoric. Chances are we didn't draft the best player available but we'd let our middle rot for so long we didn't have a heck of a lot of choice in the matter. Just don't pay attention to any hind sight claims to the contrary now that Suzuki and Poehling are in the fold.
This is perhaps the farthest I've ever gone defending a move made by MB. :cool:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't see too much writing off at this point more concern about mobility than anything else. Expectations are very very high for this kid and like someone posted earlier if they would drop to more reasonable levels so would the rhetoric. Chances are we didn't draft the best player available but we'd let our middle rot for so long we didn't have a heck of a lot of choice in the matter. Just don't pay attention to any hind sight claims to the contrary now that Suzuki and Poehling are in the fold.
This is perhaps the farthest I've ever gone defending a move made by MB. :cool:
Whether Suzuki pans out or not it was a good move. I said so at the time and I will say so in two years if Suzuki turns out to be a bust. We should've made more of these kinds of moves over the years.

The problem of course is that we do this and we trade Sergachev for Drouin... two completely different kinds of moves. We sign Price but we let Radulov go. It's like hitting the gas and brakes at the same time.

MB's problem is not so much that he gets robbed on trades (some have been good) it's that he has no direction on which way he wants to go. For all his jokes about Playstation, it's kind of how he's managed this team. And almost all his trades have been lateral moves.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe one day a player Habs bring into NHL without AHL time will reach expectations. Sure as hell do it often.

Reactions: Riddum

Jul 6, 2016
Too bad Teasdale was injured. He would had competed hard to get a 4th line job. Remember, Teasdale outshined Suzuki in the Memorial Cup !

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Not a knock ok KK at all but... before the draft, I was really keen on Tkachuk and was convinced by everyone here that his ceiling was low. I dunno man, this kid is so noticeable on the ice, he really seems like the type of player we lack. He's really good.

BK ceiling was never low. The question was and still is will he reach this ceiling (it's the same for all kids) but he definitely has the potential to be a 30/60 winger absolutely no doubt. JK is a 3rd overall pick. He'll need to be a 60+ points player or else he'll be a bad pick.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Too bad Teasdale was injured. He would had competed hard to get a 4th line job. Remember, Teasdale outshined Suzuki in the Memorial Cup !

Suzuki was just tired after carrying his entire team throughout the OHL playoffs and was outta gas once his team got to Halifax. Without a doubt Suzuki was the MVP of last year's CHL post-season.

Teasdale might one day make the NHL, might. Let's all be honest Suzuki is on a whole other level. Teasdale will probably top out at an Evans. Which would still be cool.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
It's too late to send KK down. It would mess with the team chemistry and would destroy his confidence.

We just have to hope he'll play like KK last year when the games start to matter.

I'd also put him on our PP1. If he doesn't get it going this team is immediately less interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad