Sutter turtles against Grabovski, Grabovski looking forward to next Canes game (vid)

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
wow. amazing. a soon-to-be 27 year old is putting up better numbers than an 18 year old...

We never said we're a scoring machine like the capitals. We're slowly rebuilding, winning games, and fighting to stay in the race for the 8th spot. Let's not compare franchises here, buddy.

( this is where you post how many cups the Leafs have won prior to 1970 in order to deflect the utter mess that is the Maple Leafs right now )

No, this is where you get embarassed over your dumb Grabo KHL remark.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Nah, you probably shouldn't be. Though, it is kinda odd to suggest a player potentially working on a 25-30 goal, 60-65 point season should scamper off to the KHL.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
appearances may be deceiving, perhaps he was a bit worried about the possibility of getting humiliated in a fight by a smaller but grittier player

Please. Sutter came out swinging and got pulled away and down by one of the officials. After they were separated, Sutter aggressively tried to go after Grabovski. Hardly evidence of a guy worried about mixing it up.

So what did you think of Grabovski's boot to Sutter's groin after he got up from the cross-check by Harrison? He seems to fixate on that part of an opponent's anatomy a la what he did to Price a while back.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I honestly never saw the boot and you're the only one who mentions it so if you could send me in the direction of where I could see it, that would be super.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
wow that was barely a crosscheck, thats a hockey play infront of the net it happens all the time.

agree. But its Grabo. He is an emotional lil feller. however, looks like he packed on some serious muscle. The kids twice as hard to knock off the puck this year. kudos to him.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
WTF was Grabo's problem anyway? Yeah, you got cross-checked, big deal. Weak shots like that happen all the time. Him laying on the ice for ~15 seconds didn't help his team any. When the refs didn't blow the whistle he seemed fine enough to get up and try to cause some problems after the whistle. Looked like a complete clown.

I was and still am pissed about that. Like get the **** up instead of trying to draw a penalty. A 6 on 4 turned into a 5 on 4 and ended the game.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Clearly you've got an objective point of view.

But you're right though, Sutter is terrified of 5'11'' 183 Grabo :laugh:

dude, a lot of Canadiens fans in Vancouver are afraid of him too so its really no disgrace

As far as Grabs performance last night, it wasn't just that Harrison give him the backbreaker cross-check it was also that he was slew footed a few seconds before and I'd imagine he wasn't too thrilled when Sutter yelled "get up ya *****"

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
dude, a lot of Canadiens fans in Vancouver are afraid of him too so its really no disgrace

As far as Grabs performance last night, it wasn't just that Harrison give him the backbreaker cross-check it was also that he was slew footed a few seconds before and I'd imagine he wasn't too thrilled when Sutter yelled "get up ya *****"

Well, considering Grabo got up with no problems I'd lean toward's Sutter's side on this one. Never been a clearer case of a dude faking an injury to get a call.

Hotshot320

Aug 24, 2006
Brampton
I am going to have to say as a leaf fan... that there was no turtle or intentional falling on Sutters behalf... I was glad he fell, because that might have got ugly for Grabovski...

Grabovski is a really emotional player... I like the intensity, but don't like seeing him go off like that.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Horrible title. Sutter didn't turtle at all. He dropped the gloves as soon as Grabo charged him. He only fell because it became a group session with the linesman jumping in.

Not sure what Sutter did or said to set Grabo off like that, but Grabo is eccentric and crazy.

As for those complaining about Grabovski being down for 15 seconds, it was like two seconds at most. Grabovski has been destroyed by numerous checks and he's always been able to shake it off. He's like a cockroach that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad