Friedman: Suter close to deciding, Boston, Colorado, Dallas, Florida, Islanders interested

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
As an Islanders fan it's still feels surreal that high-profile players seriously considering choosing the Islanders is now... normal. The journey the organization has been on since Nabokov and Visnovsky decided that it was, actually, a good place to be to now has been long, and obviously accelerated by LL and BT. There is a certain symmetry between high-profile players from the 2003 draft considering the Islanders while Mike Milbury is complaining about being fired from his NBC job. Mike Milbury botched that draft, badly. And then LL captalized by trading up to take Parise. (In retrospect, Snow - even with his obvious failures - was a huge improvement over Milbury.) Now Parise seems likely to end his career with NYI. And maybe we'll get Suter, too, for one run at the cup. It'd be something.

Who are these high-profile players? Parise will sign with any fools that will take him.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

RckyMtnBlue

Feb 28, 2014
He should definitely sign with the avs so they can win the cup in the first round...only to get bounced again in the 2nd

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Who are these high-profile players? Parise will sign with any fools that will take him.
Yeah, I also don't think the aging,oft injured Parise qualifies as a very in demand player.

I did see media speculation that the Isles and Landy have mutual interest. He will draw a lot of attention when the ufa market opens.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I think he'd play the most meaningful minutes in Boston or NYI, both as a Boston fan and a hockey fan. Dude can make bank for the next eight years and not worry about it. IDK how minnesota is going to survive with 8 mill in dead cap the next eight years.

Reactions: SI90

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think he'd play the most meaningful minutes in Boston or NYI, both as a Boston fan and a hockey fan. Dude can make bank for the next eight years and not worry about it. IDK how minnesota is going to survive with 8 mill in dead cap the next eight years.
They won't have to because that's not how buyouts work.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Those pairs seem pretty balanced. RS come on down!

Ya thats if Stralman is moved.
And Q can hopefully get some of the LD prospects (Gildon/Koly/Ludvig) at least 7-10 games in here and there if injuries happen or Nutivaara isn't pulling his weight.

Never a bad thing to have good depth, I still like Stralman but seems they want his big caphit gone.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I got a better one : Why all these teams if he wants the cup tho ? (Why not with TB we all know they win again next year) :sarcasm:

cry.gif

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
why is Colorado in the running, let alone a favorite?
Girard, Toews and Byram on the left side.

Girard and Toews can play on the right. But with Toews settled in with Makar as a pair it would be Girard that moves to the right either for Byram to move up to the top 4 or for a FA signing

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
why is Colorado in the running, let alone a favorite?
Girard, Toews and Byram on the left side.

Though Toews and Makar played a lot together last year, Girard's most common defense partner was Toews and Graves (traded) most common defense partner was Makar.

Suter - Makar
Toews - Girard
Byram - Timmins (Johnson?)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Chicago hasn't been mentioned? That would be, by far, the most comfortable transition for Suter. Madison is just next door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad