Suspension for retired player

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
He would have to go directly to jail and unable to collect $200 if he passes "GO".

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
As others have said his pay would be docked, if possible. If he would to ever come back from retirement would likely have to serve the suspension.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Depending on the severity of the suspension the player could also be fined heavily. I mean, if you plan to retire and on your last game you drive your elbow into someone's head and knock them out you won't get away scott free.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Yep. Hes mentioned it a few times on his radio show.

Nothing happens.

What was McLellan's side of that whole situation? Was he just pissed that his team was getting blown out and took it out on Franzen?

I remember people speculating that Keenan was behind the whole thing and told McLellan to do it, because pulling Kiprusoff with only 3 minutes left in the game was a very bizarre move otherwise.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Depending on the severity of the suspension the player could also be fined heavily. I mean, if you plan to retire and on your last game you drive your elbow into someone's head and knock them out you won't get away scott free.

There is a limit on fines is there not? And its chump change for players

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
It would be odd if a HHOF nominee was still suspended...would need a pardon or something

Regnes

Feb 14, 2015
Prince George, BC
They could probably garnish his final paycheque since most suspensions also come with a fine, especially if it involved potentially hurting another player.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
What was McLellan's side of that whole situation? Was he just pissed that his team was getting blown out and took it out on Franzen?

I remember people speculating that Keenan was behind the whole thing and told McLellan to do it, because pulling Kiprusoff with only 3 minutes left in the game was a very bizarre move otherwise.

Yeah ... the Wings were in Kipper's kitchen all series long.. the Flames bench would flair with every uncalled bump...

Keenan didn't have a say a word to McLennan.. the temperature was obvious..
So IIRC the first time someone tried McLennan's crease.. he did what he did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad