Survivor: Season 45 (All Episodes now 90 min)

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Where are you watching the Australian show? Wife and I watched the season George was on, dude is a hoot.
We're watching it via YouTube, the whole season is available. I'm not sure if I can use a VPN through my TV... was thinking of using a VPN through my phone to stream to the TV but haven't gotten around to trying.

Reactions: Jovavic

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
We're watching it via YouTube, the whole season is available. I'm not sure if I can use a VPN through my TV... was thinking of using a VPN through my phone to stream to the TV but haven't gotten around to trying.
I've found them via torrents, but I actually haven't watched them yet. Might check them out soon. Re-watching Cagayan right now though.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I've found them via torrents, but I actually haven't watched them yet. Might check them out soon. Re-watching Cagayan right now though.
Great choice. Excellent season… one of my top favorites.

As for Australian season, I have a feeling it’ll be among the top of my list when I’m finished with it.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Also, to anyone curious The Queen (Sandra) and Parv are on this season of The Traitors, and a few other reality tv legends.
Very much looking forward to this. Dan Gheesling and Janelle should be great.

I’ve never watched The Challenge, but I recently watched another show with Johnny Bananas and I really liked him as a reality show player. I think he’ll be incredible on Traitors.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Where are you watching the Australian show? Wife and I watched the season George was on, dude is a hoot.

From google it seems paramount plus

Also, to anyone curious The Queen (Sandra) and Parv are on this season of The Traitors, and a few other reality tv legends.

Shhhhhh. I'm currently watching Traitors New Zealand before starting on season 2 of Australia, US and UK.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
From google it seems paramount plus

Shhhhhh. I'm currently watching Traitors New Zealand before starting on season 2 of Australia, US and UK.
I don't recall seeing it on Paramount Plus, that's where we generally watch Survivor. I'll have to check again tonight.

It looks like it's on an Australian service called "10Play".

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I don't like the 90 minute Survivor episodes. I record most of what I watch and now it takes 1 hour and 10 mintes that used to be 45 minutes, which cuts into time for other activities.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't like the 90 minute Survivor episodes. I record most of what I watch and now it takes 1 hour and 10 mintes that used to be 45 minutes, which cuts into time for other activities.
There is 24 minutes on average of commercials. So is 20 more minutes of air time really that big of a difference that cuts into other activities?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

E3aXpls.gif

Man I really miss the old reality tv days. The people cast nowadays and impact of social media has really water downed the characters you get on tv.
The danger is gone too. There will be no more John Rockers.

• Haha
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
@The Crypto Guy

How is it possible that you laughed at my post at the exact time I posted it? Like, literally. I posted it, it appeared, and you were already on it. :laugh:

And nevermind. HF again doubling up on posts. It combined two of mine and you laughed at the first one. I hate it when HF does that.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Best winner of the new era IMO. Dee was very well rounded overall (social, strategic, physical) and she and the Rebas pretty much dominated from start to finish. The vote was probably closer than it should have been, but at least it was nice to have an exciting vote read.

Overall, I really dug this season. I think it might be my favourite of the new era, but that could be recency bias (enjoyed 42 a lot). Maybe not best in terms of gameplay, but sometimes bad gameplay can be even more fun to watch. Pretty good cast too. A season like 44 felt a bit bit top heavy with a few characters carrying a mediocre cast. 45, on the other hand, was deeper overall and everyone seemed to contribute to making the season better. Definitely hoping to see some of these players again - specifically Dee, Jake, Emily and Kaleb.

And I hope 90 minutes is here to stay.
Loved the season as well. 90 minute eps were great, taking a page from Australia. But best of all was they stopped ramming the woke stuff down our throats. No 20 minute discussions on whether or not Probst should say "come on in GUYS" anymore this season.

They still need to catch up on casting though. Still casting too many box tickers who clearly have no business being out there. Any time a cast member quits the game the producer who pushed for that cast member should be fired. That's a policy I would love to see going forward.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Totally disagree. I love the extended 90-min shows. You get to see a lot more camp stuff, not just challenge, reward, tribal, done.
Yeah, I'm more a fan of social gameplay, and the 90 minutes allows that to be highlighted much better, whereas the 1 hour episodes tend to be really comp heavy (especially as comps got more elaborate), and only focus on the bare essentials required to tell the story of the season.

I'm also still confused on how Coach played the national anthem at the Bills game yesterday.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I ended up enjoying the second half of this season but will say I really hate the reunions immediately after, the live event ones are so much better. That pizza looks absolutely horrid.

The show is missing real rivals, everyone is so buddy buddy. It's ok not to get along with everyone because that's actual real life. The kumbaya we all love one another stuff feels so phony and ridiculous.

:laugh: Running joke for years between me and my wife, talking about "Survivor pizza". Now whenever we see bad pizza we always compare it to Survivor pizza.
Coming back to this to share that we’re watching Australian survivor and the tribe won pizza and it was literally frozen, so at least theyre a little better off at finale lol

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Yeah, I'm more a fan of social gameplay, and the 90 minutes allows that to be highlighted much better, whereas the 1 hour episodes tend to be really comp heavy (especially as comps got more elaborate), and only focus on the bare essentials required to tell the story of the season.

I'm also still confused on how Coach played the national anthem at the Bills game yesterday.
Very very odd. As far as I can see in his Wikipedia page he has no particular connections to Buffalo. Even at the peak of his popularity he was still just a niche reality show personality.

Apparently he was a guest at a sabres game this week too.

The Bills won, so I wonder if that means he’ll be doing it again next week. Can’t recall how the seeding is so I’m not sure if Buffalo is at home again, though.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Very very odd. As far as I can see in his Wikipedia page he has no particular connections to Buffalo. Even at the peak of his popularity he was still just a niche reality show personality.

Apparently he was a guest at a sabres game this week too.

The Bills won, so I wonder if that means he’ll be doing it again next week. Can’t recall how the seeding is so I’m not sure if Buffalo is at home again, though.

Bills are hosting KC this weekend. Not sure about the rest of this.

I thought Dee and Austin were a thing? Meh whatever "Celebrity" gossip.

Albeit it was cool to see Erika (Survivor what 42/43 winner? can't remember) on Traitors Canada. Unfortunately her reputation preceded her there.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Albeit it was cool to see Erika (Survivor what 42/43 winner? can't remember) on Traitors Canada. Unfortunately her reputation preceded her there.
She won 41, the first new era season. Maryanne won 42. Pretty crazy how the first two times they casted Torontonian women they won (and 46 will be the first one since to have one).

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
She won 41, the first new era season. Maryanne won 42. Pretty crazy how the first two times they casted Torontonian women they won (and 46 will be the first one since to have one).
Kaleb from 45 is also from the GTA. It's unfortunate that players noticed how good he was at the merge after being on arguably the worst tribe in Survivor history.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kaleb from 45 is also from the GTA. It's unfortunate that players noticed how good he was at the merge after being on arguably the worst tribe in Survivor history.
Is he from the GTA or Vancouver?

Tom Laidlaw (former Rangers captain) is also from the GTA, but I believe is a duel citizen and has lived in the States for awhile. Same with Shan from 41. Omar from 42 is also from the GTA.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

I don't think so. Apparently the dealio is that Wendell from Ghost Island and Dee were smashing like a week after his baby was born and cheated on his GF. Oddly enough, I was at the party where Wendell and Dee met, hah. This was the S44 finale in May of 2023 (around then).

So chances are Dee and Austin aren't a thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad