Survivor: Season 45 (All Episodes now 90 min)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
New season starts on Wednesday and all episodes are now 90 min long (aside from the finale which I assume is still 2 hours). Hopefully the whole season doesn't seem all rushed now like it has been lately since they cut the time on the island down to 26 days or whatever it is now.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
New season starts on Wednesday and all episodes are now 90 min long (aside from the finale which I assume is still 2 hours). Hopefully the whole season doesn't seem all rushed now like it has been lately since they cut the time on the island down to 26 days or whatever it is now.

Excited for it, but very ambivalent. I've been watching a lot of old seasons of Survivor, so the modern ones feel a bit watered down. 26 days just isn't long enough to make the kinds of connections that make the Survivor social game and survival aspect so great, IMO.

Just finished South Pacific last night, moving on to Game Changers today.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Belief is the auction is back. 90 minutes means it may get way more camp life (on the good side) or knowing the direction the show has taken under Probst (as executive producer), way more advantages.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Excited for it, but very ambivalent. I've been watching a lot of old seasons of Survivor, so the modern ones feel a bit watered down. 26 days just isn't long enough to make the kinds of connections that make the Survivor social game and survival aspect so great, IMO.

Just finished South Pacific last night, moving on to Game Changers today.
Them going to 26 day was definitely the worst move the show did. Guess they just wanted to cut the cost down drastically.

Belief is the auction is back. 90 minutes means it may get way more camp life (on the good side) or knowing the direction the show has taken under Probst (as executive producer), way more advantages.

Glad the auction is back, it was fun the first few seasons, but then everyone just holds onto their money till the end which got annoying and ruined it lol. I am glad that we should get more camp time with the 90 minutes.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Torn because I've wanted 90 minute episodes for as long as I can remember, but I've probably never been more down on the franchise at the moment...

26 days really kills the show imo and doesn't allow enough time for new bonds to get established.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Them going to 26 day was definitely the worst move the show did. Guess they just wanted to cut the cost down drastically.
I agree. And unfortunately, due to the cost, I don't foresee them returning to the 39 day system any time soon. It's a shame because I really think that it neuters the game immensely. Halfway through the season they're still on the "getting to know you" phase.

When I watch old seasons and they're on day 20ish I always think of how modern games would be almost over by that point and it's really disappointing.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Glad the auction is back, it was fun the first few seasons, but then everyone just holds onto their money till the end which got annoying and ruined it lol. I am glad that we should get more camp time with the 90 minutes.
They thought the auction was broken. Could be an advantage is said to be either an advantage or a disadvantage, or a disadvantage and then activates after say a tribal or two.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
God what a pitiful showing for the first episode.

I know people who have been applying for years and id love try to go on myself some day. Seeing that first tribal is infuriating.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Pretty wild that a tribe has one of the worst physical players of the new era and one of the worst social players of new era - yet they both survive because a third tribe member decides to quit on day two.

Ngl, I did appreciate the messiness of the first episode.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think outside of Emily, Brandon and Hannah I actually like the rest of the cast fairly well, but my god what on earth were they thinking casting those 3, much less putting them all on the same tribe.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This tribe honestly might be the worst tribe ever. Closest I can think of is season 28 Brain tribe, but they would eat this group in challenges.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What a joke that loser is for quitting so early. She said in an interview that she didnt realize she would be that hungry and tired so she left :facepalm:

Jeff has gotten mellow, he should have ripped her apart for wasting everyone's time. There are millions of people who would love to be on this show and she quits this early. What an absolute joke. Jeff should have made them go vote too, I hate when they just avoid the vote, let her quit if she wants but she shouldn't be voted off. She didn't even earn it.

Lots of these people suck. Bruce being brought back is bs since he caused his own injury. Again, wasting a spot that someone else should have had.

I like Austin and Sifu and that's it so far.

It being in the same location yet again is brutal when it comes to the games. How many damn times have we seen that same puzzle piece now? They need to get more creative again and a change of location would be such a breath of fresh air.

I also want 2 tribes back. I'm hoping they bring it back for at least the 50th season.

I may be in the minority, but I'd like to see LESS advantages/idols... lets get back to the pure game and not who is luckiest to find the needle out of the haystack.

As far as the episode... that yellow tribe.. sheeeeeeesh. :biglaugh:

Past threads here I think the vast majority of us want the show to go back to its roots and that includes less of Jeff's ridiculous advantages/idols ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAHJ71

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Jeff has gotten mellow, he should have ripped her apart for wasting everyone's time. There are millions of people who would love to be on this show and she quits this early. What an absolute joke. Jeff should have made them go vote too, I hate when they just avoid the vote, let her quit if she wants but she shouldn't be voted off. She didn't even earn it
Totally agree. It’s very frustrating to see this. I really wanted him to go in on her, he used to get heated when people quit. He seemed almost amused this time.

Maybe he’s just baffled at how sad this tribe is lol

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I am blown away by how NOBODY this season seems strong and fit. There’s not a single player who looks like a dominant physical threat in challenges. Not one.
You would think that if you even remotely believe you’re going to be part of the cast ON THE ISLAND OF FIJI you’d at least work on your cardio and learn how to swim.
It looks like Shlub City.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I am blown away by how NOBODY this season seems strong and fit. There’s not a single player who looks like a dominant physical threat in challenges. Not one.
You would think that if you even remotely believe you’re going to be part of the cast ON THE ISLAND OF FIJI you’d at least work on your cardio and learn how to swim.
Maybe Jeff thinks watching people struggle in challenges is entertaining?

• Haha
Reactions: Kevinsane

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Remember when they would always have a few juiceheads, a few model girls, and fill the rest in with average people. A winning formula. Now it's just a bunch of below average people. Yawn.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Austin

But yes, theyve completely swung the pendulum the other way where now you have to be a nerdy, white collar super fan to get casted onto the show.

Rob Cesternino had a funny line in a recent podcast where he said "If I was casted on survivor today, I would be considered a challenge beast and an alpha male".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Satans Hockey

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
The wife hates that with the expanded episodes it's just more camp life and not more, or better, challenges. I told her that upgrading the challenges would cost money, which CBS clearly doesn't want to do. Of the three reality shows I started watching with her six years ago, Survivor is clearly my least favorite and it's all self inflicted wounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad