Survivor: Season 45 (All Episodes now 90 min)

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Bills are hosting KC this weekend. Not sure about the rest of this.

I thought Dee and Austin were a thing? Meh whatever "Celebrity" gossip.

Albeit it was cool to see Erika (Survivor what 42/43 winner? can't remember) on Traitors Canada. Unfortunately her reputation preceded her there.
I don't think so. Apparently the dealio is that Wendell from Ghost Island and Dee were smashing like a week after his baby was born and cheated on his GF. Oddly enough, I was at the party where Wendell and Dee met, hah. This was the S44 finale in May of 2023 (around then).

So chances are Dee and Austin aren't a thing.
Yes they most assuredly are not a thing anymore. Wendell got sick of "kicking it" with his baby mama and decided to "kick it" with Dee instead. Without naming Dee, he initially tried to say that he lied about his family life and made up a fib that Dee didn't know about this. In typical internet fashion, fans brought out the receipts to show that Dee absolutely did know what was going on.

That's pretty cool that you were at the party, how did you swing that one? Would love to meet some Survivor players and learn about the selection process and behind the scenes stuff. The closest I ever came to that was a 20 minute phone call with Johnny Fairplay lol.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I don't think so. Apparently the dealio is that Wendell from Ghost Island and Dee were smashing like a week after his baby was born and cheated on his GF. Oddly enough, I was at the party where Wendell and Dee met, hah. This was the S44 finale in May of 2023 (around then).

So chances are Dee and Austin aren't a thing.

maybe not a thing, but I'm sure it will be Austin's shoulder that Dee is crying on after Wendell does her dirty. Austin will count that as another checkmark in his Cuck playbook...

step 1: Fall in love
step 2: Basically give her $1,000,000 because you're blinded by step 1
step 3: Immediately get passed over for different dude
step 4: be there for her after other dude inevitably leaves her high and dry
step 5: while she is crying get her to agree to deal whereby she agrees to marry you if you are both still single at age 40
step 6: nothing left to do except bask in the glory of your undisputed reign as Cuckmaster

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yes they most assuredly are not a thing anymore. Wendell got sick of "kicking it" with his baby mama and decided to "kick it" with Dee instead. Without naming Dee, he initially tried to say that he lied about his family life and made up a fib that Dee didn't know about this. In typical internet fashion, fans brought out the receipts to show that Dee absolutely did know what was going on.

That's pretty cool that you were at the party, how did you swing that one? Would love to meet some Survivor players and learn about the selection process and behind the scenes stuff. The closest I ever came to that was a 20 minute phone call with Johnny Fairplay lol.
I haven't done it, but they swing events in a lot of major markets, or if a player is from near you they often throw watch parties where people sometimes show up. Toronto got a RHAP event this year that had Maryanne, Omar, Karla (43), and Gabby (DvG). Wendell and Brice threw some event at a bar in Toronto I believe for the premiere of 45, which had Wendell, Brice, Yam Yam and Ozzy (plus probably the usual locals such as Maryanne, Omar and possibly Erika). They are always open to the public with tickets being sold. Chances of going to one probably depend on the liklihood of it coming to a location near you, or how far you are willing to travel to go to one.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
started watching USA version of Traitors a couple days ago. Like it so far, but have serious concerns based on the format of the game.

The format is a concern for me. For one, it seems like the best strategy is to be under the radar. Which discourages people from making efforts to uncover who the traitors are. If you start throwing around theories and a traitor hears you you'll get a target on your back as someone who mightr be dangerous to the traitors. Or some other faithfuls could see you as a possible traitor and vote to banish you.

Which could all lead to a boring show. SO I definitely have concerns, but so far after a couple episodes it's been good.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
started watching USA version of Traitors a couple days ago. Like it so far, but have serious concerns based on the format of the game.

The format is a concern for me. For one, it seems like the best strategy is to be under the radar. Which discourages people from making efforts to uncover who the traitors are. If you start throwing around theories and a traitor hears you you'll get a target on your back as someone who mightr be dangerous to the traitors. Or some other faithfuls could see you as a possible traitor and vote to banish you.

Which could all lead to a boring show. SO I definitely have concerns, but so far after a couple episodes it's been good.
First season is great and season 2 has been fun so far as well. However, you start to see how the game could become stale/boring/meta'd in the long run. Will be interesting to see how it evolves and adapts. But I really enjoy the reality tv cross overs this show brings on the US side.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
First season is great and season 2 has been fun so far as well. However, you start to see how the game could become stale/boring/meta'd in the long run. Will be interesting to see how it evolves and adapts. But I really enjoy the reality tv cross overs this show brings on the US side.
Sandra basically figured out the game last episode. It doesn't matter if you alliance has traitors, you need 7 strong, traitors are unlikely to target people inside the numbers so they don't get banished, and in turn people inside the alliance don't get killed. Then you start picking off Traitors at 6 (because if you pick them off early, they just get replaced with recruits).

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Sandra basically figured out the game last episode. It doesn't matter if you alliance has traitors, you need 7 strong, traitors are unlikely to target people inside the numbers so they don't get banished, and in turn people inside the alliance don't get killed. Then you start picking off Traitors at 6 (because if you pick them off early, they just get replaced with recruits).
Yup. The whole, "recruit another traitor right after you banish one" rule can really make it beneficial for faithfuls to not banish someone they know/highly suspect is a traitor. If youre always banishing traitors when there are still a lot of faithful's left youre doing yourself a disservice. Youre basically just allowing them to add a new traitor you have no information on, and basically just having to start over again gathering information.

You cant have all the faithfuls win, you have to banish a large number of them no matter what. To win as a faithful, you know you have to get to the end and have the traitors identified, so it makes the most sense to work with them in the house to get to the end and then vote them off at the finale. Season two is basically turning into survivor where its one alliance against another.

I think the recruiting process is the biggest issue. They need to tweak it, or add in incentives for the faithfuls to get out traitors whenever they can. Like maybe a cash bonus, or maybe a small clue towards another traitor. I'm 100% convinced Sandra knows Parv is a traitor at this point, but obviously wants to keep her in the game because shes a number for her, and an easy vote out at the end.

Reactions: 93LEAFS
Oct 18, 2006
Btw I did decide to go back and watch from the beginning. I’m halfway through season 7. We’ve just had the first major twist with the ‘Outcasts’ returning. Not sure about this twist as I was loving this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad