TV: Survivor - Season 42

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Have a loose connection to someone that knows Omar personally. Still feels kind of surreal that Canadians are now allowed on the show.

Hope the cast is as good as last seasons, but less twists. Please don't do that merge shit again. Hopefully because a lot of people last season let probst have it about what a terrible twist that was, he's less likely to use it again.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Hopefully it’s not another season of decisions being decided by race, gender, or being politically correct. Just play the game like it used to be played.
That was absolutely unwatchable. Pretty much every reality show had to do that last year though to show they cared about all that political garbage, so they made sure they cast people who would play like that. I'm noticing this year the reality shows are casting better again, probably because ratings were down all across the board.

Reactions: fin8

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
This really is a carbon copy of the previous season hey.

I think that will not bode well with the survivor ratings.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This really is a carbon copy of the previous season hey.

I think that will not bode well with the survivor ratings.
Totally different. Ratings dropped FAST last season because they wanted to make it political. This season it's back to entertainment.

Unfortunately, they lost a huge chunk of fans because of what they pulled last season, ratings started off this season at an all-time low for a premier.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
In the time Survivor was gone in between winners at war and last season (1.5 years) a lot of people adopted streaming over network TV as they do every year. So while a theme less season is likely to get less attention, it's not all their fault. I fully expect some gimmick next season like David vs Goliath 2.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Pretty sure they said in this "new era" theyre not giving themes to the seasons. Of course that could change though. Also heard that it might be going back to 39 days because of covid guidelines being less strick.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
nd89x1b9aan81.jpg

Wasn't someone in here just raving about Australian Survivor's ratings before the website transfer happened lol?

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
nd89x1b9aan81.jpg

Wasn't someone in here just raving about Australian Survivor's ratings before the website transfer happened lol?

I haven’t seen the last two seasons of Survivor AU but all the others have been top notch! If it was easier to find I would be watching it! Game play and story wise the other season were awesome. No there is more episodes and they are longer so that helps with that.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I haven’t seen the last two seasons of Survivor AU but all the others have been top notch! If it was easier to find I would be watching it! Game play and story wise the other season were awesome. No there is more episodes and they are longer so that helps with that.
Been on a downward trend for a few years because of their horrible editing. They just focus on a few characters in a cast of 20+ and shove em down your throats the entire time while completely ignoring 75% of the cast. People didn't care about it as much in the past because they had really strong characters, but when that goes away it becomes a complete mess.

I think this season, the 3rd or 4th boot literally had a single confessional. Characters go multiple episodes without ever seeing or hearing from them. I tried to watch this current season but quit after the premier because I disliked the editing so much lol. It was much better when they first started out (Luke's first season was the peak and just been kinda down hill since imo).

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Been on a downward trend for a few years because of their horrible editing. They just focus on a few characters in a cast of 20+ and shove em down your throats the entire time while completely ignoring 75% of the cast. People didn't care about it as much in the past because they had really strong characters, but when that goes away it becomes a complete mess.

I think this season, the 3rd or 4th boot literally had a single confessional. Characters go multiple episodes without ever seeing or hearing from them. I tried to watch this current season but quit after the premier because I disliked the editing so much lol. It was much better when they first started out (Luke's first season was the peak and just been kinda down hill since imo).
You think U.S survivor would ever bring over a Luke or David from Survivor AU?

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Totally different. Ratings dropped FAST last season because they wanted to make it political. This season it's back to entertainment.

Unfortunately, they lost a huge chunk of fans because of what they pulled last season, ratings started off this season at an all-time low for a premier.
Well that premier episode really seemed like they had an agenda to push. It’s just not something I’m interested in watching when I watch survivor. As most people agree, it’s the actual gameplay that is interesting

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Having a loved ones pair where neither got a single confessional in the first 12 episodes was ridiculous.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

So a fairly popular twitch streamer has been watching survivor seasons for the first time. Recently he just finished HvV and it sparked the big debate about Russell again. Funny enough, Russell was watching the streamer watch HvV and he said this was the first time that he really watched HvV with attention, and he finally saw the flaws in his game and why he lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad