TV: Survivor: Edge of Extinction - Discussion Thread

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Two followers and a loser for final three. All grade 'C' players.

Wow. That was bad. Guy barely plays and wins the game.

DynamiteKid

Aug 12, 2005
Stony Plain
Worst final 3 ever. The minute Rick got voted out, I stopped caring about who won and fast forwarded most of the show. Haven't watched the reunion yet. Hearing Victoria voted for Chris was stupid....

Reactions: mmalady and Loosie

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This was like a a team of 3rd and 4th liners who barely sneaked into the playoffs in the last wildcard spot then had their goalie suddenly get hot in the playoffs and post a .960 sv% all the way to the Stanley Cup.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Rick was the winner of the season to me. He played everything masterfully IMO. He should have won that season, and people can say what they want about the idols, but did he not play 2 of them he found on other players?

Second was Lauren for me. I wouldn’t call her game great, but she was good.

I think both of them will be back 100% at some point.

Of the final 3, which was really worst case scenario for me, Chris was the right winner. Chris did more during his limited time in the game than Gavin or Julie did.

I HATE when Survivor and Big Brother bring in players so late into the game, but frankly, that’s not Chris’ fault, and he still did more than Gavin or Julie.

I also think giving up the final 3 spot to take out Rick himself is the biggest move we saw this season. The fire challenge determined who was winning this game, and Chris knew that, so instead of giving that to Gavin or Julie, he allowed them to be passengers once again, and won the game himself.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
never missed a season and sad to say this was the worst ...i echo the sentiments of others on the reasons why...next season looks silly....jeff seems to like all these twists so i hope he's not driving the bus here....they need to go back to the original concept if they hope to stay relevent

Once this season ended filming there was a lot of change behind the scenes.

Jeff said he wasn’t happy with how the season went.

I don’t mind the “third/fourth island” twist from time to time, but I feel like we’ve had a lot of them the past few seasons.

Reactions: mmalady

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Rob looking rough af...

Theres no way theyre actually "surviving" on that island.

Doubt they would make their two biggest draws play two seasons back to back.

To my knowledge, Rob and Sandra aren’t actually playing in 39, simply talking to the people who get sent to the island. But for all we know they will enter the game in the final 5 or something

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Rick is a little rat though. Crying about Ron making a fake idol and making him look stupid in front of his 2 year old. But then does it to Julie and Lauren. Kelley blew up Laurens game too and helped Chris win. Unreal.

Reactions: SPV

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
I think it's pretty unanimous we all hated the EOE twist and they should never bring it back. Only way I could be somewhat interested in its return is if every player that has to go there has to survive on their own little island (or parcel of land) with no interaction with any of the other players and come back no later than final 8. You would probably get a few of them to raise the white flag. I'm guessing that would never happen because of the logistics of having potentially so many camera crews.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm not really upset with the outcome; but I thought it was obvious that Devens deserved to win. Can't fault him for having too many idols (which they did), or for the theme of the show (which was stupid).

Hopefully next season will be better than it looks based off the previews.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
To my knowledge, Rob and Sandra aren’t actually playing in 39, simply talking to the people who get sent to the island. But for all we know they will enter the game in the final 5 or something
I know that, but in the preview they said Rob and Sandra will be living/surviving on "idol island" or whatever. Even showed them making a shelter lol.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I know that, but in the preview they said Rob and Sandra will be living/surviving on "idol island" or whatever. Even showed them making a shelter lol.

Ah okay. Yeah, that’s just something for TV I’d guess. No way those two would essentially live on an island for an entire year, considering they are both likely for 40. They’ll stay wherever the jury stays or something like that.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I had mentioned earlier that I was ok with Devens winning given the rules of this season. That being said I hate that Chris won.

The EoE twist was ok at first, and the question of how would they get back into the game. With Rick getting back in at the merge, it's an ok time. I also get him having immunity so they don't just send him right back. (Similar stuff was done with the Redemption Island twist).

However having Chris come back so late and with immunity soured me on the EoE twist. Don't ever do this again, that or have one come back for the merge and that's it. I mean he didn't get back in until the finale.

I was praying for Devens to win the fire-making challenge so the move back-fired on him.

And yes..get rid of the returning idols. They should be one use and that's it. Or go back to hiding them at the challenges, that was a nice twist.

This has been the worst final 3 in a long time.

Reactions: kingsboy11

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

The bumper specifically said they are not competing for the $1 million prize

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Worst final 3 ever. The minute Rick got voted out, I stopped caring about who won and fast forwarded most of the show. Haven't watched the reunion yet. Hearing Victoria voted for Chris was stupid....
Came here to say the same exact thing. Ive never fast forward this show and once Rick was out thats what i did. Guy who played 10% of the whole game won? f*** off, worst finale in survivor history.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Rick is a little rat though. Crying about Ron making a fake idol and making him look stupid in front of his 2 year old. But then does it to Julie and Lauren. Kelley blew up Laurens game too and helped Chris win. Unreal.
lol wow if you thought he was being serious :laugh: he was putting on an act, he already knew he was playing his real idol :laugh:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not sure how lauren was so liked here...the constant eye rolling got old really fast. She definitely walks around life thinking her shit doesnt stink. Didnt even think she played a good game, she was insanely focused on Rick the whole time...which she failed to send home.

They should just do the right thing and give the million to him.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Sandra won the million dollars without winning a single challenge and now she's supposed to be a mentor, wow Survivor has jumped the shark.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Sandra won the million dollars without winning a single challenge and now she's supposed to be a mentor, wow Survivor has jumped the shark.
She is the only 2 time winner lol... And lasted way longer than she should have on game changers. How do you mentor someone to win a challenge?

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
The third and fourth boots are in the final six lol.

Chris is going to reveal that Lauren has an idol. Thanks Kelley.

Going back and reviewing shows...same thing happened in Pearl Islands with the Outcasts. That twist was a surprise though as they didn't film them on a separate island.

Lillian and Burton cam back into the game (at the merge), they were the 3rd and 4th boots as well. Burton finished 5th, Lillian was runner-up.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Not sure how lauren was so liked here...the constant eye rolling got old really fast. She definitely walks around life thinking her **** doesnt stink. Didnt even think she played a good game, she was insanely focused on Rick the whole time...which she failed to send home.

I mean...technically she did.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Not sure how lauren was so liked here...the constant eye rolling got old really fast. She definitely walks around life thinking her **** doesnt stink. Didnt even think she played a good game, she was insanely focused on Rick the whole time...which she failed to send home.

Pretty much this. Hope she doesn't come back. Yes she's easy on the eyes but that's all she's got going for her. Also I hope to never see or hear Wentworth again. One of the most over-rated Survivor players ever!

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Prob one of the worst seasons I can remember. I couldn't stand seeing so many jury members. Reem is prob the most annoying contestant i've seen in a while.

Rick was putting on a masterclass of survivor. He's (imo) the greatest first time player to have never won and I'm sure someone will think of Russell Hantz which is fair.

I may be in the minority but I thought Lauren was ok. She wasn't great at strategizing but found an idol, was good in challenges and was loyal when she saved Chris.

Next season bringing back those 2 bums is going to be lame. I think the game that those 2 played isn't the same as the one being played now.

Reactions: clunk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad