TV: Survivor: Edge of Extinction - Discussion Thread

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Sandra won the million dollars without winning a single challenge and now she's supposed to be a mentor, wow Survivor has jumped the shark.

The fact that she won twice without winning a challenge is what makes her valuable for advise. No one can teach anyone on how to win a comp (you either have that in you or you don't) but you can teach people how to play a good strategic game.

Reactions: Cor and fin8

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Prob one of the worst seasons I can remember. I couldn't stand seeing so many jury members. Reem is prob the most annoying contestant i've seen in a while.

The entire Edge of Extinction would have been a complete and total flop without her. She carried that part of the show.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
The entire Edge of Extinction would have been a complete and total flop without her. She carried that part of the show.
It was a flop even with her. Those extinction scenes were boring and lame.

Adding in a player with 3 days left and giving them an advantage is just plain stupid. Rick's comeback was good timing and the other one should have been at 9

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The fact that she won twice without winning a challenge is what makes her valuable for advise. No one can teach anyone on how to win a comp (you either have that in you or you don't) but you can teach people how to play a good strategic game.
Her strategy was a floater and good luck, that can't be taught.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I find it interesting how many people are irrationally saying the show should be cancelled because of a bad season :laugh: Yes it wasn't a great season....they have had bad seasons in the past. It doesn't kill the show. Especially when in the fall they had one of the better seasons in recent memory. I thought the EoE should have ended with Devins coming back in, when they kept it going the entire game it went way way to far. The ratings are great and all it will take is one good season and everyone will be raving about the show again anyways.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What a terrible result, but also what a strange edit. I don't usually look at the cast in advance so I write the casts names down as they get confessionals in the first episode just to sort out who are on which tribe to try to remember them by the end of the first couple of episodes. By the end of the first episode I had everyone's name written down EXCEPT Chris. Unless I missed it he's the only one without a confessional in the first episode. I get that he basically didn't play the game, but because of stupidity he won. The RHAP podcasts were calling him Purple Chris in the beginning because he was invisible in the edit(reference to prior invisible Purple Kelly contestant). Nothing they could have done would have made anyone feel any better about the end result, but I'm shocked they basically gave us nothing.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What a terrible result, but also what a strange edit. I don't usually look at the cast in advance so I write the casts names down as they get confessionals in the first episode just to sort out who are on which tribe to try to remember them by the end of the first couple of episodes. By the end of the first episode I had everyone's name written down EXCEPT Chris. Unless I missed it he's the only one without a confessional in the first episode. I get that he basically didn't play the game, but because of stupidity he won. The RHAP podcasts were calling him Purple Chris in the beginning because he was invisible in the edit(reference to prior invisible Purple Kelly contestant). Nothing they could have done would have made anyone feel any better about the end result, but I'm shocked they basically gave us nothing.
Yeah I agree it was strange. He also barely got time on EoE as well. However i now understand why they shoved Rick down our throats. They wanted to build up Rick the best that they couls to make it looked like Chris deserved to win after taking him out.

Reactions: CPTN71

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
It was a flop even with her. Those extinction scenes were boring and lame.

Adding in a player with 3 days left and giving them an advantage is just plain stupid. Rick's comeback was good timing and the other one should have been at 9
Just finished watching the finale. I thought it was stupid as well and at 1 point was thinking maybe it was a chance to come back and play for next season. Or maybe have them compete against the players left in the game as well and basically be forced to beat out everyone. Not just the people at e.o.e. I would have been annoyed that a player who was voted out, a player who was able to skip multiple tribal councils, and a player who had 2 chances to get back in the game was able to jump right back in so close to the finale.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Prob one of the worst seasons I can remember. I couldn't stand seeing so many jury members. Reem is prob the most annoying contestant i've seen in a while.

Rick was putting on a masterclass of survivor. He's (imo) the greatest first time player to have never won and I'm sure someone will think of Russell Hantz which is fair.

I may be in the minority but I thought Lauren was ok. She wasn't great at strategizing but found an idol, was good in challenges and was loyal when she saved Chris.

Next season bringing back those 2 bums is going to be lame. I think the game that those 2 played isn't the same as the one being played now.

This absolutely fair. Hantz was great at finding idols but didn't do anything about the social aspect. Which is why he lost. If Rick makes the final 3 he wins. He did have relationships built and also was on the bottom and kept fighting. Hantz was in a position of power the entire game..

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The cast for season 40 has been released.

If you don't know, it is an all winners season.
Survivor Season 40 Cast Revealed
If Sandra or Rob aren't first boot, epic fail.

Ending was fine. Devens obviously deserved to win and was disappointed that he didn't, but at least it saved the season from being completely ruined that Chris won. He came and did what it took to take Devens out, and that's huge.

Devens carried the entire season, though. Glad he got that 100k recognition.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If Sandra or Rob aren't first boot, epic fail.

Ending was fine. Devens obviously deserved to win and was disappointed that he didn't, but at least it saved the season from being completely ruined that Chris won. He came and did what it took to take Devens out, and that's huge.

Devens carried the entire season, though. Glad he got that 100k recognition.
Hopefully Sandra is out quick, never been of fan. Hopefully Rob sticks around for awhile as he's entertaining. No way they can start Rob and Amber on the same tribes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad