Survivor Australia

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
They really are just a bunch of pawns except for Nina. So dumb.

Here's the thing now....at a certain point, it's a smart strategy. Once the minority became the majority, it was easy for them. If Matt and Gerry said, "George will never win immunity. Let's follow until we get out the other physical threats and then take him out," I would love to hear that.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah the HvV season was great. Lacklustre winner, as is tradition in Australian Survivor (with one big exception) and even in the original HvV, but a season is much more than its winner. Really enjoyed Shonee this season and unexpectedly loved the whole Simon arc. Best Survivor season I've watched since South African season 6.

I'd also say that anyone who is interested but hasn't watched Australian Survivor before would get along fine even without having seen the returnees before.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Most liked player ever, what a good dude

Yeah the HvV season was great. Lacklustre winner, as is tradition in Australian Survivor (with one big exception) and even in the original HvV, but a season is much more than its winner. Really enjoyed Shonee this season and unexpectedly loved the whole Simon arc. Best Survivor season I've watched since South African season 6.

I think Liz can be an all time great player. First time player learned the game from George and Shonee, she is a physical threat and has great resting bitch face and attitude. If she becomes as strategic as a Haley or a George, she's the full package. True, she wasn't GREAT in this season and got blindsided more than a few times, but she learned. And she can be patient.

I'm 1/2 way through the recent SA season, I didn't watch it live.

It's amazing what a good job production does given the small budget they have.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Most liked player ever, what a good dude

I think Liz can be an all time great player. First time player learned the game from George and Shonee, she is a physical threat and has great resting bitch face and attitude. If she becomes as strategic as a Haley or a George, she's the full package. True, she wasn't GREAT in this season and got blindsided more than a few times, but she learned. And she can be patient.

I'm 1/2 way through the recent SA season, I didn't watch it live.

It's amazing what a good job production does given the small budget they have.

I'll reserve judgement on Liz should she return, which seems highly probably given how much Australia loves returnees. I don't think she is bad by any stretch, just largely someone who fell into a great situation with George and Shonee and the alliance they built. She would be a worthy threat upon returning.

I've seen people complain about the production quality in South Africa and New Zealand and I do not see it. In every way that is important the production values are absolutely fine.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I've seen people complain about the production quality in South Africa and New Zealand and I do not see it. In every way that is important the production values are absolutely fine.

The one thing I notice are the aerial shots and "nature photography". I would guess the big money difference would be most evident with expensive equipment. CBS has unlimited budget. The company in South Africa are a bunch of fans who somehow got a network to back them. Really amazing story.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The one thing I notice are the aerial shots and "nature photography". I would guess the big money difference would be most evident with expensive equipment. CBS has unlimited budget. The company in South Africa are a bunch of fans who somehow got a network to back them. Really amazing story.
Yeah the background of South African Survivor is impressive and since the big change at season 6 it's been a really good product. For years now Australia and South Africa have had a better product than the US in Survivor, and very comfortably so. South Africa season 6 and Australia Heroes vs Villains are two of the top seasons ever and both are available right now in full on youtube... no reason for anyone to not watch it if they like Survivor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad