News Article: Surprise, Ed Snider excited for Flyers' upcoming season

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Think it's worth mentioning that Snider was present today, but he wasn't when Stevens was fired/Lavy hired.

Viller

Mar 24, 2007
So, someone asked Snider, you fire the coach because you can’t get rid of the players?

“Right,†Snider replied. “You show me a way to do that, we’ll be glad to do that instead.â€

So Snider effectively said that if he could he would fire all the players instead of Lavi? I'm sure that will go down well with them.

I know it was a snide remark to a stupid question... but still a silly thing to say to the media.

Hes probably saying the players are just as guilty for the bad start as the coach. They are to a certain extent but they are asked to play a certain way and I think the players weren't buying in anymore quite simply.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
Not that I expect snider to ever say he isn't excited... but it is pretty clear that he knew this was going to be a bad season from the onset of training camp, said it was the worse he has ever seen.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So, someone asked Snider, you fire the coach because you can’t get rid of the players?

“Right,†Snider replied. “You show me a way to do that, we’ll be glad to do that instead.â€

So Snider effectively said that if he could he would fire all the players instead of Lavi? I'm sure that will go down well with them.

I know it was a snide remark to a stupid question... but still a silly thing to say to the media.

Snider really needs to think before he opens his mouth, if that is even possible for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad