Surprise and disappointment

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Surprises
- Weise. I'm still expecting his offence to dry up, but he still keeps finding a way to put up points.
- Sekac. Didn't really have any expectations for him but he's been great and both ends of the ice.
- The Pacioretty/Desharnais split. I figured the only way this happens is if Pacioretty goes ice cold.

Dissapointments
- Emelin. I thought the move to LD would really help him especially with his consistency. Guess not.
- Tinordi/Beaulieu in the AHL. Simply put one of them should always be with the big club. I'd rather they pick one and simply live with ups and downs (Unless it gets real bad) just so that next year we don't have to break both in at the same time.
- Dump and Chase hockey. When Therrien first came in, we played a strong possession game. After the loss to Ottawa they overeacted and adopted the dump and chase style and our possession plumetted. But then the playoffs came along and we went back to the old system and found a lot of success. This season we are back to dump and chase again.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Surprise:
- Gonchar. Didn't think he'd have skill left. Guy's been very good. Please pace his ice-time...
- Weise. He's not a 1st line forward, but he imitates one so well at times that it's hard to see the difference. Props for his unswerving worth ethic and a few above-and-beyond moments.

Disappointment:
- Emelin. Man, I defended this guy and his salary, but unless he raises his game back to where it was I'd be willing to sit/trade him. His skating has regressed, and with it his defence and puck-moving. What happened?

(new category) Called it:
- Sekac. His strength, puck-protection and vision were evident from the first preseason game. Future top-six and PP forward.
- Beaulieu. Always had the goods. Showed it last playoffs and proving it now.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I'm surprised that Weise is a better top 6 player than PAP.

So those are my suprise and dissapointment.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
-Disappointment-

1-Desharnais --The guys just doesn't have the skating ability to make up for his lack of size. His lack of strength on the puck doesn't help either. He can only create offense off the rush, once the other team is back in their zone forget about his line cycling.

2-Emelin -- The guy has been a mess in his zone

3- Bourque -- I had hope he would recreate his scoring success from the playoffs. Instead he was dumped for an AHLer

Surprise

1-Weise---Don't believe he belongs on the top line. But he has bumped Prust down the depth chart which I would have never suspected.

2- Galchenyuk -- He has really stepped up his game. He has recently had a bit of confidence issues but that is just the growing pains of a young player. He has done well considering how hard it can be for a young player to thrive under Therrien. He is on pace for 50+ points.

3-Sekac--Didn't know what to expect as I knew nothing of him. So seeing him make the team out of camp and play the way he has, has been a great surprise.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I want to add Subban to the deception list. So far. I mean, he has been ok, nothing really disastrous overall or anything, but I have seen him play so much better. I know he can be better.

People are complaining that he didn't make the all-star game; frankly, despite the production totals, I completely agree with you, and don't believe he's performed at an all-star calibre level this season based purely on watching him.

He's not owning games like he used to anymore. The Michel detractors will point to him putting the reins on Subban, but I don't buy it. I feel like he's gotten away from his dynamic style of play because of this need to be more of a leader now that he's wearing the A.

He needs to be himself. We need him to be. We need that swagger back.

Blood On The Ice

Jul 17, 2007
Montreal
Surprise:

- Gonchar
- DD since his break-up
- Weise
- Beaulieu
- Sekac

Big Disappointment:

- Gilbert
- Emelin
- PAP

Little Disappointment:

- My main man PK for not playing like a 9M D-Man
- Galchenyuk for having consistency issues when I still hope he becomes a star player. I predicted his blow out season this year. I was wrong. Next year probably.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...I still don't get the Disappointment with Eller...he gets no PP time, almost no O-Zone starts, and until recently plugs for linemates, yet he produces and is one of the most effective 3rd line centres in the League...what exactly are people disappointed by??...extremely difficult to become a 50+ point player when you get no opportunity to be a 50+ point player...

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
Surprises:

1- Beaulieu. He jump up his confidence and i really like him
2- Sekac . Slowed down lately a bit, but still, didnt tough he would be a NHL ready player. I like him
3- Gonchar. I expect a player who will play 5-6 games for us and get benched. We finally got a good second pairing dmen.

Deception.

1- Parenteau. When Scott Gomez got more points in less games, well that say it all. We havent won that trade at all yet.
2- Eller. Everytime im waiting for the next big thing to happen,but nope. C'Eller de l'échanger.
3- Weaver. I expect him to be Gorges no.2 defensively. Nope, not as good as he was in playoff.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Surprises
- Weise. I'm still expecting his offence to dry up, but he still keeps finding a way to put up points.
- Sekac. Didn't really have any expectations for him but he's been great and both ends of the ice.
- The Pacioretty/Desharnais split. I figured the only way this happens is if Pacioretty goes ice cold.

Dissapointments
- Emelin. I thought the move to LD would really help him especially with his consistency. Guess not.
- Tinordi/Beaulieu in the AHL. Simply put one of them should always be with the big club. I'd rather they pick one and simply live with ups and downs (Unless it gets real bad) just so that next year we don't have to break both in at the same time.
- Dump and Chase hockey. When Therrien first came in, we played a strong possession game. After the loss to Ottawa they overeacted and adopted the dump and chase style and our possession plumetted. But then the playoffs came along and we went back to the old system and found a lot of success. This season we are back to dump and chase again.

Going back to last year's playoffs, I think we can safely say that weise can chip in every once in a while when given an opportunity. Its not enough to warrant permanent top 6 play but I think he has the speed, and surprising vision to play with the big boys once in a blue moon.

Ultimately, if we can move sekac to the left to play with eller, and weise, it would be a nice home for him.... Because I do have more offensive faith in him than prust....

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
Disappointment I got to go with Galchenyuk. This year I thought he would step up to be that PPG center. Second would be Tinordi, his future looks cloudy in Montreal. Elemin be my third pick. Big contract for bottom pairing caliber play.

Suprises....Beaulieu he is maturing into a future #2 possible defenseman. Price be next, finally may get that Vezina we thought he may win 6-7 years ago. Sekac be my third pick, looks to be future top 6 forward

So 1 shortened season and 1 full season with ~.50 ppg and this season 0.65 ppg and Chucky is your disapointment? These boards...

YYZviaYUL

Aug 9, 2014
Surprise:
Forwards:
Sekac

Defence
Beaulieu, Gonchar

Disappointment

Bergevin (giving everyone extension)

Therrien - his stupid line combinations and the sucky pp, and the fact that his assistants have jobs.

Subban - expect more consistent play and less of the pretty ****** games he's been having lately and the beginning of the season.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Surpise:

F Yirgie Sekac:sarcasm:-The 2nd best draft steal ever(next to Mark Streit)
F Dale Wiese-Scorss like a 1st liner
F David Desharnais-Extremely effective on the 3rd line
F Charles Hudon-Tearin' up da AHL
D Nathan Beaulieu-Our stud D of the future
D Sergei Gonchar The elderly Russian has showed no sign of slowing down

Disappointment
GM Marc Bergevin- Our sneaky GM hasn't made a major move all season except for giving the JJD etc. extensions

GEORGE PARROS
GEORGE LARAQUE
HAL GILL-WE need to get bigger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad