Surprise 1st round pick

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
It's going to be someone that gets really late buzz but you hear about it closer during the week.

Last year, Simon Holmstrom took me most off guard but his name was talked about a bit closer to the draft as a potential riser.

Jean-Luc Foudy seems to be a guy that I won't rank high but will add buzz.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I think Niemela and neighbours could be surprise 1sts.....I'd be surprised if Anaheim or maybe even STL pass on Neighbours at the end of the 1st, not shocked, but surprised

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
How did Jarvis manage to score literally twice as much? Is Hanas more of a support guy?
He's definitely a driver. He play a tenacious game and has slick hands. As for his point totals, I'd say firstly that he needs to be more consistent and secondly that he needs to be stronger. He crashes those high traffic, high danger areas, but he's a lanky guy, and he's not able to out-muscle the older defenseman. So those are his "red flags" or whatever.

Outside of the top 20 or so players, everybody has red flags, so it's a matter of deciding which flags you don't mind as much. The hometown bias probably comes into play for me, but as a boom-or-bust prospect, I really like the guy. Jarvis is the better player, but Hanas is flashy, so the fans here love him. He scored at least two of those Svechnikov goals, for instance, and he's had a number of other highlight reel moves he's pulled out. But his issues are going forward are going to be improving his strength and being more of an everyday player. Relative to other red flags, I think those are pretty easy to overcome.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Neighbors
Agreed, i could see a team at the end of the 1st pull the trigger on him hoping he can become a two way north-south physical fixture in their middle six down the road.....obviously he's not a guy u take with the hope of hitting a homerun of an elite talent like pastrnak at #25 or anything like that...

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
"High character" guys with enough talent to eventually become leaders. Neighbours, Khusnutdinov, Villeneuve... maybe Wiesblatt.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad