Supreme court rules for college athletes

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
It's just crazy to see how much ESPN is in control of this.

I'm still not certain the B12 survives this. ESPN seems to want to elevate the AAC as they have more invested in that entity than the B12. I mean if they cause it to crumble, they will get out of the contract and cripple Foxs CFB rights.

Last edited:

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
It's just crazy to see how much ESPN is in control of this.

I'm still not certain the B12 survives this. ESPN seems to want to elevate the AAC as they have more invested in that entity than the B12. I mean if they cause it to crumble, they will get out of the contract and cripple Foxs CFB rights.

It is crazy. You almost wonder if they could be smart enough to have been planning this all along. I wonder if other schools could sue for something like tortious interference. (IANAL, so I may be using the term incorrectly, but I think you get the idea.)

I think the Big 12 is gone. Nebraska was a big pillar, and Colorado a lesser one, but a pillar nonetheless. Then take out the second biggest Texas school, and the stability is very weak.

Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Baylor... they might almost need to buy the TV time if they are your conference's "bright lights."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad