Post-Game Talk (GBU): Superstar Myers

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I really don't think Myers should even have been given a penalty on that. Principle contact was the shoulder. You can be sure, Chara would have received nothing for it.

Yeah, I literally feel the NHL has a h@rd on for the Sabres this year. I could understand bad calls every now and then but it's totally ridiculous this year. It helps the tank so I'm not to awfully mad, but watching guys take 2 or 3 phantom penalty's a game is a bit frustrating.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I have one more thing to add. I should of added while other teams get away with murder when playing against the Sabres. For example, did anyone else notice for a while in yesterday's game, every time a Sabre would go for a loose puck, they'd get checked way before they ever reached it? If Buffalo would have done that they would have been in the box the whole night. Like I said it helps the tank but is frustrating.

pyroxen

Feb 26, 2013
Everytime I see Leino playing I think he must have so many intangibles or he must be so good without the puck or something but i cant see what it might be. I really do not want to hate on him and I'd so like to see him succeed. I don't think he is terrible, he just does not do anything out there.

Good for the tank though.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
-Ennis played his best game of the season. He and Hodgson have points in four straight. Having these guys going at the same time isn't good for the tank.
-Myers is just on another level this year.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I really don't think Myers should even have been given a penalty on that. Principle contact was the shoulder. You can be sure, Chara would have received nothing for it.

Bad angle for the referee on that one. I can see why he'd make that call from there based on body positioning, etc.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
The similarity I noticed between Mysie's penalty last night and the one that earned him his suspension was that each time it appeared that Myers had left his feet. Jumping up to add force to a hit might be necessary for someone like Ennis or Gerbe. When you're close to seven feet tall, it's not necessary. It provides a lot more chances for a shot to the head that could result in a penalty or suspension.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
The similarity I noticed between Mysie's penalty last night and the one that earned him his suspension was that each time it appeared that Myers had left his feet. Jumping up to add force to a hit might be necessary for someone like Ennis or Gerbe. When you're close to seven feet tall, it's not necessary. It provides a lot more chances for a shot to the head that could result in a penalty or suspension.

It looked to me like one foot came off the ice after contact. :dunno:

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

Considering that Wisniewski basically jumped up to put himself in a bad position, I'm not sure that's a play you can really be super critical of Myers on.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Considering that Wisniewski basically jumped up to put himself in a bad position, I'm not sure that's a play you can really be super critical of Myers on.

I didn't get a good look at the replay cause I was out at dinner. Just what I could see from a tv at the bar. It was a small criticism. Obviously, Myers' overall game last night was damn good.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Everytime I see Leino playing I think he must have so many intangibles or he must be so good without the puck or something but i cant see what it might be. I really do not want to hate on him and I'd so like to see him succeed. I don't think he is terrible, he just does not do anything out there.

Good for the tank though.

LOL

Lame-0 is one of the worst players in the league, if they don't compliance buy his ass out his summer I will rage quit

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Leino's a pretty talented player but that really doesn't amount to much as is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad