Post-Game Talk (GBU): Superstar Myers

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
G:
-Myers is truly a freak, probably the most untouchable player on this team for me, his skating is so good for his size
-Ennis/Moulson/Stafford was buzzing early
-Powerplay had tons of chances

B:
-More loser points

U:
-Can't someone score in a shootout?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Myers play isn't just as good as it was early in his career....it's better.

Was that the first time we scored three goals or more in three consecutive games?

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Myers proving me right when I think his value is very high. Still can't believe the majority of people would rather have Phaneuf to build around

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
G:
Moulson/Ennis/Stafford
Myers
The fans tonight getting the wave goin in the 3rd and sounded alive for once.

B:
Ehrhoff as a goalie
Ott outside of hitting people

U:
PK
No call on an obvious trip on Mcbain that led to a turnover 2 on 1
Leino because hes still playing for whatever reason
Every game Konopka gets a goalie interference call, usually being pushed/blasted into the goalie kind of like my center in NHL 14 live the life.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
G - Tyler Power! Great, as in Myers play tonight. Ennis was a man possessed tonight.

B - Weber. He's just not that good.

U - Leino Are you kidding me? :facepalm:

ZeroPT*

G - Myers was sooooooooooooo good
Ennis' line was solid early
I thought foligno played well

B - Weber was meh
Shootout fails, loser points
Ehrhoff has been baaad these ast weeks.. He looks uninterested

U -
Some of the officiating was really just bleh

Leino

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: The Tylers were awesome tonight
Moulson looked fast and physical tonight. great to see
Stafford-a goal, a key penalty drawn, won battles and put himself in the right places to take advantage of all the work the Tylers were doing.
Foligno was physical. Zemgus gets the crowd excited.
Beside a couple of passes all the D were solid-well even strength at least.
Miller keeps his +.900 streak going.

B: Leino just ruined Coho and Ott's chemistry.
I want that Moulson goal. Buffalo deserved the win I thought.

U: I don't like the call on konopka's penalty. But obviously Nolan doesn't want him crashing to the net that hard.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
G SS Myers of course, Ennis was crazy, Stafford's whole game even without the goal,

B Weber, How many times can you pass the puck right to the other team in front of Miller? Ehroff looks like he downed valium before the game.

U. dang shootouts

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
G: The Tylers were awesome tonight
Moulson looked fast and physical tonight. great to see
Stafford-a goal, a key penalty drawn, won battles and put himself in the right places to take advantage of all the work the Tylers were doing.
Foligno was physical. Zemgus gets the crowd excited.
Beside a couple of passes all the D were solid-well even strength at least.
Miller keeps his +.900 streak going.

B: Leino just ruined Coho and Ott's chemistry.
I want that Moulson goal. Buffalo deserved the win I thought.

U: I don't like the call on konopka's penalty. But obviously Nolan doesn't want him crashing to the net that hard.

Zemgus goes under my good column too. What a bull!!
And Leino was a joke as usual. Waive him please!!!!!!!!!

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G:
-Holy crap Myers
-Ennis
-Staff and Moulson were pretty good

B:
-Leino
-Weber

U:
-That we might be playing our way out of a top pick

Konix

Lurkin'
Jul 7, 2013
Hamburg, NY
G:
- Top line
- Girgensons
- Myers going beastmode
- The flash of the Slug era "comeback kids"

B:
- uselesspointtohurtthetank.png
- The sinking feeling that Myers gets some dumb Shanaban for being tall
- Konopka getting handed constant BS from the refs

U:
- I fell asleep in the 3rd until Stafford got plowed
- I don't think my heart can handle another shootout
- Ehrhoff looked dead on his feet

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I was cringing, bracing for the possibility that Zemgus was about to bust his ankle then he pops up like Terminator and almost scores. Ridiculous sequence.

Konix

Lurkin'
Jul 7, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I was cringing, bracing for the possibility that Zemgus was about to bust his ankle then he pops up like Terminator and almost scores. Ridiculous sequence.

Girgs is simply ridiculous. I don't think I've seen a guy get back up and into the game that quick in a while.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Just got home from this one ....

G-
As others have said ... Myers was a joy to watch tonight. When he plays like this, it's such a special thing to witness live and be able to appreciate it.
Ennis had a nice game, in fact, the whole line clicked most of the night. He kept the Afinogenov tendencies to a bare minimum. I like that Ennis.
Hodgson looked mostly great tonight too. Loved the pass to Myers for the tying goal.

B-
Another groaner by Ehrhoff ... I hope he turns it around. He's hit a rough patch.
Weber and McNabb were poor.

U-
Moulsons goal did not look like a distinct kicking motion. To me it looked like he was trying to stop before careening into the post as the puck went off his skate. Didn't like the call.

I really hate shootouts to determine winners. Always have. Always will.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
G.
-Myers was unreal, and tying it with 30 secs left was intense
-Girgs doing the little things
-I like McNabb at points tonight
-I thought Stafford had a good game

B.
-Wisniewski had a couple of costly turnovers

U.
-Leino. There was a cool show the other night interviewing the Foligno brothers. It was followed by a "cribs" style interview with Leino. It's bad enough to have your crappy as s on our team. I didn't need the reminder that you're filthy rich. Oh, and he was bad at hockey tonight. Again.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I had the remote in hand ready to change the channel to the Avs/Preds when Myers totally threw me off my game and tied the score with under a minute left. Very impressive. There's hope for the future with Tyler1 (and Tyler2 also).

Rather entertaining 4 on 4. BJ TV only showed Columbus chances but Sabres had things going too…..

Too bad Miller got caught backing in on the net a little too soon as the winning goal got scored in the SO. Good deception on the Columbus player in slowing down and opening up the gap between him and Miller. Made the top shelf accessible.

Girgs is amazing. To pop up after kissing the boards with his feet was incredible. (Like Paxon, I said uh oh to myself when he went into the boards. Amazing!)

If they are giving Leino ice time in order to shop him around,they might as well forget about it. There's no takers for a guy who's contract is in the stratosphere
yet constantly turns the wrong way on the puck, loses all battles for the biscuit and frankly, doesn't make even a half assed effort on any play.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Good:
Myers of course. Beast mode. Not just the goals, but his authority, the way he skates and handles the puck, and hits! I love the interview after the first period where he just shrug it off, saying he's not gonna let the suspension change his game.
Ennis really flying. He was everywhere.
Stafford was very good. Terrific back-checking.
Moulson.
McNabb. Love the way he stands up on the blue line.
Girgensons. I laughed when he tried to break in on the net, got hit, came crashing hard into the wall in a way that first made me think "hope he didn't break his legs", just to get right back up, still with the puck and getting a chance to score. Just gotta love the kid.

Bad:
Weber had a bad game with some brainfarts again.
Ehrhoff mixes good and bad within the game, but that consistancy that was always the good thing about him is missing.
Ott struggled.

Ugly:
Call on Konopka.
The non call when McBain was taken down before a great save by Miller on a two on one.
Will Myers recieve a call from Shanaban again? I hate Shanaban.
The plus/minus. Weber just left the ice before Myers first goal, giving a plus to Ehrhoff. Then he was on the ice for a penalty kill, and the Jackets scored just as Myers came on the ice, earning Weber a minus. And I think for another goal he just came over the boards to earn another minus. He was bad tonight, but the numbers are stupid.

Irrelevant:
Leino

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Good:
Myers of course. Beast mode. Not just the goals, but his authority, the way he skates and handles the puck, and hits! I love the interview after the first period where he just shrug it off, saying he's not gonna let the suspension change his game.
Moulson.
Girgensons. I laughed when he tried to break in on the net, got hit, came crashing hard into the wall in a way that first made me think "hope he didn't break his legs", just to get right back up, still with the puck and getting a chance to score. Just gotta love the kid.

Bad:
Ehrhoff mixes good and bad within the game, but that consistancy that was always the good thing about him is missing.
Ott struggled.

Ugly:
Call on Konopka.
The non call when McBain was taken down before a great save by Miller on a two on one.
The plus/minus. Weber just left the ice before Myers first goal, giving a plus to Ehrhoff. Then he was on the ice for a penalty kill, and the Jackets scored just as Myers came on the ice, earning Weber a minus. And I think for another goal he just came over the boards to earn another minus. He was bad tonight, but the numbers are stupid.

Irrelevant:
Leino

This should be the norm.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Good:
Moulson.

Bad:
Ott struggled.

Ugly:
Call on Konopka.

Irrelevant:
Leino

I really don't think Myers should even have been given a penalty on that. Principle contact was the shoulder. You can be sure, Chara would have received nothing for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad