TV: Supernatural 15th and final season

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Excellent write up! More than expected hahah
Thanks!
I'll prob give it a go. Binging all 15 seasons at once could be interesting.
Haha

It probably needs at least 2 seasons before you can get a good handle on things. Season 1 is shaky like a lot of new shows are. The actors need some time to find their groove and settle in.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Not sure why CW is messing with the show but Supernatural is moving to Monday nights starting in March. :dunno:

from thefutoncritic.com:

SUPERNATURAL will move to Monday nights, making its new time period premiere on March 16 (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT), paired with the second season return of ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT). The week before, on Monday March 9, ALL AMERICAN (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT) and BLACK LIGHTNING (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT) will have their back-to-back season finales.

SUPERNATURAL will wrap its historic 15-season journey on Monday, May 18.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from variety.com:

“Supernatural” fans are going to have to wait a while longer to find out how the show ends.

Neither “Supernatural,” nor “The Flash,” nor “Legacies” will be able to finish their current seasons in the time frame that was originally planned. All three CW series were among hundreds that were forced to shutdown production due to coronavirus, meaning that they were unable complete shooting and their season endings have now been pushed to an undetermined time later in 2020, according to a source close to the network.

“Supernatural” co-showrunner Andrew Dabb explained on Twitter earlier this week that the show had filmed through episode 18 of its fifteenth and final season, but that its “visual effects and sound departments have closed because of the outbreak. So, right now, the episodes can’t be finished.” Starting March 30, episodes of “Supernatural” will be replaced by an original episode of “Whose Line Is It Anyway” in the 8 p.m. time slot, followed by a replay of the improv comedy show from 8:30 until 9 p.m.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
from variety.com:

“Supernatural” fans are going to have to wait a while longer to find out how the show ends.

Neither “Supernatural,” nor “The Flash,” nor “Legacies” will be able to finish their current seasons in the time frame that was originally planned. All three CW series were among hundreds that were forced to shutdown production due to coronavirus, meaning that they were unable complete shooting and their season endings have now been pushed to an undetermined time later in 2020, according to a source close to the network.

“Supernatural” co-showrunner Andrew Dabb explained on Twitter earlier this week that the show had filmed through episode 18 of its fifteenth and final season, but that its “visual effects and sound departments have closed because of the outbreak. So, right now, the episodes can’t be finished.” Starting March 30, episodes of “Supernatural” will be replaced by an original episode of “Whose Line Is It Anyway” in the 8 p.m. time slot, followed by a replay of the improv comedy show from 8:30 until 9 p.m.

yeah it was announced last week. IT will be interesting to see if the are able to follow through with their original plan. Jared Padalecki is schedule to start shooting his new series in late july or early august for an October debut. They may have to shoot around that or move production to Texes for the final episode. There were supposed to be 20 episodes and they suggested that the last two would wrap up the series very nicely

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The CW announced that Supernatural will return for it's last 7 episodes starting on October 8th. They also announced that there will be a 60 minute special ( The Long Road Home ) which will air right before the series finale on November 19th.

Reactions: DaBadGuy316

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Came across this when a friend was watching it a few months back and have been loosely watching it while I work from home on TNT. I'm now all caught up and just have to hope on netflix to catch up on season 15 before it comes back.

It's not a bad show. Has it's good, bad and cringey moments and some filler episodes, but it has kept me occupied during quarantine. 15 seasons is a lot. There's been some repetitive things.

Crowley was definitely my favor character.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So it all wraps up tonight. Even if it's sad I just hope they do some sort of real ending as this show deserves to go off with a bang and not a whimper.

supernatural-series-finale.jpg

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Haven't watched it in years, though I'll admit it was a very good show for about the first 5-6 seasons. However it became stale, unimaginative and repetitive in the following seasons, often repeating the trope of Dean or Sam going behind the others back and doing something bad, only for the other to find out and the two have a falling out, only to be brought back together again to face a big bad.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
...... often repeating the trope of Dean or Sam going behind the others back and doing something bad, only for the other to find out and the two have a falling out, only to be brought back together again to face a big bad.

Oh come on now - don't exaggerate. That only happened once or twice....................a season. ;)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Based on the promo for the finale, I wouldn't be surprised if Jack sent all the demons to hell and locked it up or turned them into humans, thus making Sam & Dean and other hunters redundant. Que, normal life.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I liked the ending.

Sounds like they wanted to bring an actress back to play the wife in the flash forward but getting her to vancouvet for the shoot..

I am satisfied with this ending

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I liked the ending.

Sounds like they wanted to bring an actress back to play the wife in the flash forward but getting her to vancouvet for the shoot..

I am satisfied with this ending

Apparently covid f***ed a lot of things up when it came to trying to bring back past actors/actresses from the show for this episode.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah, I really enjoyed the ending too. It pretty much happened like I expected (and hoped). Still sad it's over. I'm already thinking of starting it from the beginning again.

I managed to get into the Supernatural panel at SDCC last year. They had an awesome montage of the first 14 seasons that I just can't find online anywhere.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Based on the promo for the finale, I wouldn't be surprised if Jack sent all the demons to hell and locked it up or turned them into humans, thus making Sam & Dean and other hunters redundant. Que, normal life.

I would've been happy with this but...I'll take what we got. :(

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The cover version played at the end:

A year ago they were hoping someone from the cast saw it, in response to someone hoping to hear it on the finale.

Now it's there and they freaked out.

WE ARE UGLY CRYING!!! WE are so completely honored that they used our cover!!!

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm currently in a position where I have a ton of time on my hands while working and can have shows on in the background while doing so. The guy working for me recommended this show and I initially scoffed at the idea. I had this idea in my head that the CW put out nothing other than shows centered around teen drama. But he convinced me to watch it and ... 10 seasons in ... I can confidently say it's a great show! Yes there are a lot of repeating themes and plot points, which becomes magnified when 10 seasons have been binged over 3 to 4 months, but it is still a very solid show.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4