Super Teams: Avs/Blues vs Pens/Caps

Which super team wins a 7 same series? Avs/Blues or Pens/Caps?

• Total voters

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
im sure some pens fans get this but just looking at the teams mixed together makes me sick. NO DEAL. mix different teams hahah

Reactions: KIRK

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I considered putting Sundqvidt/Sanford instead of the wings on the 4th line and could be convinced to go with those guys.

Graves played better than Dunn this year, so I’m not sure why you view Graves as the weak link as opposed to him.

I actually like the Avs/Blues bottom pair over the Pens/Caps in this scenario. You could substitute Johnson in for Dunn, but I prefer the mobility of Dunn.
I honestly don't know enough about Graves then. After looking into him a bit, maybe he is a legit option.

We have a misunderstanding in regards to Dunn tho. Depending on the role of the bottom pair, I would take both Scandella and Faulk over Dunn quite easily (maybe Johnson too, but I haven't seen enough of him healthy lately to say for certain). Dunn is a good player in his current small role, but he gets massively overrated by non-Blues fans staring at charts instead of watching games.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I honestly don't know enough about Graves then. After looking into him a bit, maybe he is a legit option.

We have a misunderstanding in regards to Dunn tho. Depending on the role of the bottom pair, I would take both Scandella and Faulk over Dunn quite easily (maybe Johnson too, but I haven't seen enough of him healthy lately to say for certain). Dunn is a good player in his current small role, but he gets massively overrated by non-Blues fans staring at charts instead of watching games.

I’ll add Scandella to the op.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Fun thread and I think the results could flip completely in 2-3 years as PIT/WSH continue to age but if you're talking this year I think the STL/COL team gets boat-raced. The only two forwards on STL/COL that are better than their slotted counterpart on PIT/WSH are Rantanen and Tarasenko and that center depth for PIT/WSH is dominant.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Stealing this fun idea from another poster. Which super team wins a 7 game series? Let me know if I should change the defenceman around for the Pens and Caps.

Avs/Blues

:avs:blues

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Schwartz - O’Reilly - Tarasenko
Schenn - Kadri - Perron
Nichushkin - Thomas - Burakovsky

Makar - Pietrangelo
Girard - Parayko
Graves - Dunn/Scandella

Binnington
Grubauer

Pens/Caps

:pens:caps

Ovechkin - Crosby - Guentzel
Kuznetsov - Malkin - Rust
Vrana - Backstrom - Oshie
Zucker - Eller - Wilson

Carlson - Letang
Marino - Orlov
Dumolin - Petterson

Holtby
Murray
Jarry
Samsonov
I'd put Oshie on the second line. Could play the first as well I feel like his game would mesh well with Crosby, and obviously the chemistry with OV is there as well

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
lol holy shit

RIP to any PK1

Meh. I'd cheat to take away one timers from the point, because with Crosby, Malkin, and Backstrom down low, I'm not sure any of them would be willing to shoot. :laugh:

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Meh. I'd cheat to take away one timers from the point, because with Crosby, Malkin, and Backstrom down low, I'm not sure any of them would be willing to shoot. :laugh:
Crosby is a 2-time Rocket winner and Malkin has had a 50 goal-season. They will shoot I assure you :laugh:

If that doesn't work, we still have Carlson firing bombs from the point.

Someone will score LMAO

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'd put Oshie on the second line. Could play the first as well I feel like his game would mesh well with Crosby, and obviously the chemistry with OV is there as well

Also Guentzel is a LW.

IF it were me, I'd keep the OV-Kuz-Wilson line. One of Crosby or Malkin centers Guntzel-Rust and the other centers Backstrom-Oshie (I'd lean towards Crosby with Guentzel and Rust and Malkin with Backstrom and Oshie).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Crosby is a 2-time Rocket winner and Malkin has had a 50 goal-season. They will shoot I assure you :laugh:

If that doesn't work, we still have Carlson firing bombs from the point.

Someone will score LMAO

I'm a Pens fan. It's a running gag about those two on the PP and the Pens PP in general. I know-- or at least I think-- they'd actually shoot if left with no choice: laugh:

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Also Guentzel is a LW.

IF it were me, I'd keep the OV-Kuz-Wilson line. One of Crosby or Malkin centers Guntzel-Rust and the other centers Backstrom-Oshie (I'd lean towards Crosby with Guentzel and Rust and Malkin with Backstrom and Oshie).
Yeah I'd try to keep the top lines together on each team for chemistry reasons obviously, but stacking isn't an issue

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I'd try to keep the top lines together on each team for chemistry reasons obviously, but stacking isn't an issue

Oh for sure. At least with what I've suggested, you've got 2 of 3 lines where the 3 man combos have played together.

As an aside, Wilson is in my top 9 regardless. He's the perfect type of winger for Malkin.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Fun thread and I think the results could flip completely in 2-3 years as PIT/WSH continue to age but if you're talking this year I think the STL/COL team gets boat-raced. The only two forwards on STL/COL that are better than their slotted counterpart on PIT/WSH are Rantanen and Tarasenko and that center depth for PIT/WSH is dominant.

I’d also have

MacKinnon > Crosby
Schenn > Vrana
Thomas > Eller

But overall I like the Pens/Caps forward group more.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Oh for sure. At least with what I've suggested, you've got 2 of 3 lines where the 3 man combos have played together.

As an aside, Wilson is in my top 9 regardless. He's the perfect type of winger for Malkin.
Yup absolutely

and Tom Wilson is a hockey player. His bad rep for fighting prevents people from seeing his true skill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad