Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Banjo making me slightly more hopeful that I'll get Geno as DLC... I figured all the DLC would be characters from big upcoming games but apparently not.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Banjo is the more exciting one for me just because he doesn't wield a sword. I just get tired of all the darn swords!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Seriously. Enough with the damn swordsmen. We have 3 Links, 32 Fire Emblem characters, Joker who may as well be a swordsman with his knife, Shulk, Cloud and then other characters who vaguely look like swordsmen like Pit and his clone.

Banjo's cool though, can't even front.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Me: enough Swordsman

Also me: You know who else would be ****ing rad if they were added? Geralt

For whatever reason, that reveal of Witcher 3 from Switch has me thinkin' it could work. CDPR isn't afraid to let everyone share the love since he's popped up in Monster Hunter and Soul Calibur. Easy promotion tool to use with said reveal of Witcher coming to switch.

The rated M **** doesn't matter either since Bayonetta and Snake are already there. I'd love to see it personally since you could a ton with the signs mechanic for a potential moveset.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This just in, swords are popular tools for many popular video game characters.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This just in, swords are popular tools for many popular video game characters.

Yeah, well, that makes for boring Smash characters for the most part.

JRPGs are far and away my favorite genre...but none of those characters are anywhere near my favorite to play as. On the flips side I abhor the entire genre that spawned Banjo-Kazooie, but I can easily see myself enjoying those characters in this sandbox.

Goku will never be in a smash game.

Thankfully.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Yeah, well, that makes for boring Smash characters for the most part.

JRPGs are far and away my favorite genre...but none of those characters are anywhere near my favorite to play as. On the flips side I abhor the entire genre that spawned Banjo-Kazooie, but I can easily see myself enjoying those characters in this sandbox.

They did a good job of keep the sword characters pretty unique though.

DQ Hero will have spells

Marth and Roy do have similar movesets but are WAY different because of the sweet and sour spots

Chrom and Lucina are echo fighters, but they don't have any sour spots so even they play different as well.

Links all have their zoning game, they're pretty similar but still have distinct things.

Cloud has his limit breaks

Shulk has his Monado arts

Ike is the only true heavy weight Sword guy

I wouldn't classify Meta Knight and Joker as sword characters

The only thing that they gotta get rid of is the overuse of the down-b counters lol

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Full 4.0 notes:

upload_2019-7-30_8-42-56.png

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hero looks pretty damn cool outside of that critical hit gimmick.

It's essentially Luigi's Green Missile RNG but on steroids

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Release online tournament mode, but make it preset rules and don't give people the chance to set up their own like in 4.

It's always something with this ****ing company.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad