Post-Game Talk: Super Bowl LVII - Kansas City wins Super Bowl LVII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I take it you have never been to a live sporting event in Philly?

You can’t see a football game there. Vikings are playing there this year and my daughter is begging me to take her. No chance

I have gone for the bruins several times. Not great

Baseball may be the worst. Been there a lot for the Mets

Lowest form of fan there is and it’s not just a couple of them like in New York or Washington.

They deserve nothing but sports fan yet they have been winning lately.
I am not defending Philly fans. I also have nothing against the Eagles on the field though. The Chiefs organization hasn't covered itself in glory and the Mahomes family is detestable. That's all. I also don't like seeing any QB win multiple SBs. For years we hear how great Aaron Rodgers is yet he routinely underperforms on the big stage. I prefer the 6 SBs the Patriots won in Brady era go unrivaled.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I always find it strange how people go after another team for employing “this guy” when the Patriots had Corey Dillon which happened before he was Pat.
Hell, we had Aaron Hernandez. I don't know why that should stop anyone from saying Tyreek Hill shouldn't be in the league.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hell, we had Aaron Hernandez. I don't know why that should stop anyone from saying Tyreek Hill shouldn't be in the league.

We didn't know the severity of Aaron though.

Everyone knows what Hill did.

They both can kiss my ass. Rapists, abusers, child abusers, domestic abusers, murderers, etc etc should have no place in the league. Zero tolerance. But money is money so they don't care.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Sure, we think that way because we saw a total package in Gronk. But as long as Kelce is listed as a TE that's now how it's gonna go down overall. He'll be called the greatest TE of all time whether we like it or agree with it. At least I haven't really heard a national slant on how he's not a TE. I would love to see that though.
I think most people are smart enough to pick up the fact that Gronk was a much more complete player than Kelce

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Dillon pretty much did his job in New England and helped then win a Super Bowl. Really slowed down year 2. Maybe his 1st year was the best running game Brady ever had

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I would like Philly and root for them if not for the 2018 superbowl. After that, f*** that team and fanbase.

I hate KC too but it's more of a respect how good they are kind of hate than a truly repugnant one now that Hill's in Miami. I really like Andy Reid too and it'd be fun to see him beat the Eagles. But I won't go so far as to say I'm rooting for them either. I hope they both lose, but I guess I'd rather see the Eagles lose a little more than the Chiefs right now.

I'll probably watch out of habit, but I don't feel that into it. I don't care for either team or Rihanna.

Reactions: Slipstick97

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Also, this might be the lowest quality Superbowl in some time if Mahomes' ankle is still busted.

I'm still not convinced that Philly is any good. They played nobody all year - they only played 4 playoff teams all season - Giants (who they beat three times), Cowboys (who they beat when Cooper Rush was starting and lost to when Dak was starting), Jacksonville (from the shitty AFC South) and the Vikings (featuring Primetime Cousins). They drew the same tomato can Giant team in the divisional round and the 49ers with literally no quarterbacks left in the NFCCG. They've basically just cruised through the year with no challenges whatsoever.

If Mahomes were healthy I'd think they'd blow the Eagles out of the water, but if he's crippled it may become a really bad game.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't get the Mahomes hate. The guy is f***ing awesome. He's one of the most entertaining athletes I've ever seen in any sport. The constant media ball washing is totally earned! I don't give a shit that his brother is super annoying. His brother is not on the field when he plays.
Has nothing to do with his ability, it's well earned, he's phenomenal, and he's fun to watch when your team isn't playing him.

It's everything else, and it's through no fault of his own. Mahomes has been anointed as a GOAT by the media, with one SB win on his resume. He's 3-2 in AFCCG and hopefully about to be 1-2 in the SB. ESPN cramming the chiefs down everyone's throats constantly, Mahomes the goat, chiefs are on an all-time run, etc. It's too much and it's nausiating.

Couple that with the fact they employed Tyreek Hill, all the Andy Reid's kid stuff, I cannot stand that franchise.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I do not have much love for either team. Kc is meh to me. Philly has detestable fans, but I have three Eagle fan friends who are all very nice. Go figure.

As for the game, I like the Chiefs. The Eagles have the better all-around team, but the Chiefs passing game will really hurt them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad