Post-Game Talk: Super Bowl LVII - Kansas City wins Super Bowl LVII

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I have to say Kelce will go down as the greatest TE ever. People will argue if he's really a TE but regardless he's just uncoverable and the dude is never hurt.
No one will ever discredit Kelce's ability, he's phenomenal. However, he's just not a TE. He's a receiver who lines up as a TE. I don't think I've ever seen him block once.

He's a modern Tony Gonzalez, and a much better version of what Jimmy Graham was with the Saints.

As far as TEs go, Gronk is superior to Kelce in every way due to the fact that he actually was a complete package at the position.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
No one will ever discredit Kelce's ability, he's phenomenal. However, he's just not a TE. He's a receiver who lines up as a TE. I don't think I've ever seen him block once.

He's a modern Tony Gonzalez, and a much better version of what Jimmy Graham was with the Saints.

As far as TEs go, Gronk is superior to Kelce in every way due to the fact that he actually was a complete package at the position.
Sure, we think that way because we saw a total package in Gronk. But as long as Kelce is listed as a TE that's now how it's gonna go down overall. He'll be called the greatest TE of all time whether we like it or agree with it. At least I haven't really heard a national slant on how he's not a TE. I would love to see that though.

Eagles are going to slaughter them
I don't see it. KC defense is a lot better than people give it credit for. In the end maybe the Eagles win but I don't see a blowout in either direction.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I did an old school bar crawl after brunch yesterday. There are a LOT of eagles fans in Boston. It was disgusting.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Can't stand Philly, but especially cannot stand that media ball washing that will happen if Mahomes wins another.

Reluctantly rooting for the Eagles.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Can't stand Philly, but especially cannot stand that media ball washing that will happen if Mahomes wins another.

Reluctantly rooting for the Eagles.

I don't get the Mahomes hate. The guy is f***ing awesome. He's one of the most entertaining athletes I've ever seen in any sport. The constant media ball washing is totally earned! I don't give a shit that his brother is super annoying. His brother is not on the field when he plays.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't get the Mahomes hate. The guy is f***ing awesome. He's one of the most entertaining athletes I've ever seen in any sport. The constant media ball washing is totally earned! I don't give a shit that his brother is super annoying. His brother is not on the field when he plays.
How is that any different from people rooting against Philly because of their fans? There's nothing to hate about the Eagles on the field either. The Chiefs employing Tyreek Hill for so long and the whole Andy Reid's son thing. I agree Mahomes is awesome overall I find it easier to root for the Eagles.

skullguise

Nov 13, 2007
North Andover, MA
I will watch; will still enjoy the game if both teams play well, and turn it off if I'm bored/disinterested...and I slightly prefer the Eagles to win. I also agree that Mahomes himself is pretty great, despite other crap about the team. Even if it's just for his "Who's ready for his Jazz Bath...?" commercial :DD

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
How is that any different from people rooting against Philly because of their fans? There's nothing to hate about the Eagles on the field either. The Chiefs employing Tyreek Hill for so long and the whole Andy Reid's son thing. I agree Mahomes is awesome overall I find it easier to root for the Eagles.

Rooting against a team because you hate their fans is one of the most shared sports fans experiences/attitudes. f*** Philadelphia. I'd sooner see every player and fan eat glass than see them celebrate a championship.

(Edit: Hating the Chiefs cause they employed Hill for so long seems pretty legit to me. I'm no Chiefs fan and was rooting heavily for Cincy, I just hate Philly teams and their supporters more.)

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I want Philly to beat KC because I want to see videos that will come in after it. Maybe some more poop eaters this year. A rare proud scumbag fanbase

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yeah I’m in this boat as well but I also loved Tom Brady too which I took loads of crap for. Mahomes is just amazing

Reactions: EverettMike

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I take it you have never been to a live sporting event in Philly?

You can’t see a football game there. Vikings are playing there this year and my daughter is begging me to take her. No chance

I have gone for the bruins several times. Not great

Baseball may be the worst. Been there a lot for the Mets

Lowest form of fan there is and it’s not just a couple of them like in New York or Washington.

They deserve nothing but sports fan yet they have been winning lately.

Reactions: EverettMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad