GDT: Super Bowl LI - PATRIOTS CHAMPIONS - GEE WALLY WINS MVP FOR GOING TO BED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Lord...what is he basing this off of? :laugh:

The article mentions 0-2 to start 2001 (I'd imagine he could add that between 1999 bye week and Bledsoe's injury, the Pats were 7-19). So basically he's saying Brady made Belichick, I suppose. :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I'm not gonna read the article. Did he bring up any preseason losses?

I wouldn't put it past him.

But hey, BB has only won coach of the year three times in 22 seasons, and Bruce Arians and Ron Rivera both won two of them in three years recently. That should tell you something, right? :sarcasm:
(maybe it should, perhaps that the "hand the coaching trophy to whoever had a team that overachieved the most, to return to mediocrity in a few years - because consistency is boring" mindset is one of the most stupid in sports :laugh:)

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

The only two guys I've seen who haven't said it yet, who have been asked, are Joe Montana and Brady himself. :handclap:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

The only two guys I've seen who haven't said it yet, who have been asked, are Joe Montana and Brady himself. :handclap:

To be fair, Montana doesn't even call himself the greatest ever. He said the reason why he avoids calling anyone the greatest ever is because of the difficulty of comparing players from different eras, which he does have a point.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
To be fair, Montana doesn't even call himself the greatest ever. He said the reason why he avoids calling anyone the greatest ever is because of the difficulty of comparing players from different eras, which he does have a point.

Sure, but his delivery of that argument made it seem like he was trying to keep the conversation alive where most others (including Bradshaw, Favre, Tarkenton, Warner, Young, Aikman, and many others who played in different eras) have just conceded that.

You play who you play, under whatever rules you play, and under the circumstances (team-wise, coaching-wise, free agency or not, salary cap, etc.) you play. There's no countering that argument, which of course is fair in such a subjective topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad