Sunday 9:45PM: still negotiating, meeting ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattintheHatt

May 31, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Phil Parent said:
I agree with something here and that is that the deadline thing is scrap.

Come on, you've got parties that tried to save a season in FEBRUARY here. And one of these parties is now supposedly going around pushing a JULY 11, at Noon, deadline. And the rumored punishment for not meeting the deadline is the cancellation of 2005-06 season.

In JULY, I think I need to repeat that, we're in JULY!

Being this close to an agreement? Not a chance in hell this is true, or that it would actually be enforced if true, no way. Another line of Ekocaine fed to the masses.

Whoa, THE Phil Parent!

I live off of your roster updates, man.

k sorry, Off topic. Yeah, we should just relax and wait...it'll be done SOON. I know its tough but....but...man i can even type this with a straight face, I want it done so bad!

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
MattintheHatt said:
Whoa, THE Phil Parent!

I live off of your roster updates, man.

k sorry, Off topic. Yeah, we should just relax and wait...it'll be done SOON. I know its tough but....but...man i can even type this with a straight face, I want it done so bad!

Yeah, THE.

In a topic where THE Bob McKenzie posts in, THE Phil Parent gets a shout-out. That's ok though. Bob can always fall back on getting paid for being THE Bob McKenzie to drown his sorrow of not being recognized while I've got to deal with such shady companies as Grey Dog Software, Sega and Electronic Arts, do work that I'm not paid for while people that should do that work are paid without actually working.

Anybody from 2K reading this? HEY! Your 2K6 Hockey Game! Free Copy For Me! Please! I've worked hard for it.

So yeah. Happy you like it!

Totally off-topic, sorry about that, proceed as if I wasn't here.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
BobMckenzie said:
No real advantage to re-entering the draft for those guys unless they really don't want to play in Philadelphia, which is not the case as near as I can tell. Both guys want to be Flyers. My understanding, and there are no confirmed details yet to back this up, is that the unsigned 03 draftees like Richards and Carter and O'Sullivan etc., will not be able to get as much money in their deals post lockout as they would if they signed pre-lockout (like Phaneuf etc.), but they will be entitled to get a little more money than they would if they re-enter the draft and become 05 draftees and subject to the new ELS.

There is no financial incentive, in fact it's the opposite, to re-enter the draft, so unless they do it to spite Philadelphia or want to roll the dice on playing elsewhere, and they can't control where, then it's pretty obvious to me that Carter and Richards will sign with Philly in the specified period. Threatening to re-enter the draft is the only leverage they have with Philly, but the question is what are they trying to leverage. If the maximum amount they can get as part of the transition rules is spelled out, and it's less than what Philly would have paid to sign them pre-lockout, the Flyers won't need to be leveraged. The Flyers just write the cheque. Could be the easiest negotiation ever, unless, like I said, one of them decides to spite the Flyers, but if they do that, it'll cost them a little money to do it.

At least that's how I see it.

Would there be any spite at all though? Even if they were signed by the Flyers before the lockout wouldn't that contract be subject to the 24% rollback? What would be the difference be between a pre lockout contract minus 24% and post lockout contract? The only thing that pops out that could make a real big difference in teh amount are the bonuses in the pre lockout rookie structure. I am sure Kovolchuk and Heatly enjoyed the old bonuse structure.

Man I am not a Bobby Clark fan(dont mind the Flyers) so I would like nothing more than these 2 young guys to stick it to him and not sign just b/c of spite. Take some of your own medicine Clarky. :biglaugh:

If the players arent mad I hope there agents are and have some pull with there clients.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Mr.Hunter74 said:
Originally Posted by BobMckenzie
No real advantage to re-entering the draft for those guys unless they really don't want to play in Philadelphia, which is not the case as near as I can tell. Both guys want to be Flyers. My understanding, and there are no confirmed details yet to back this up, is that the unsigned 03 draftees like Richards and Carter and O'Sullivan etc., will not be able to get as much money in their deals post lockout as they would if they signed pre-lockout (like Phaneuf etc.), but they will be entitled to get a little more money than they would if they re-enter the draft and become 05 draftees and subject to the new ELS.

There is no financial incentive, in fact it's the opposite, to re-enter the draft, so unless they do it to spite Philadelphia or want to roll the dice on playing elsewhere, and they can't control where, then it's pretty obvious to me that Carter and Richards will sign with Philly in the specified period. Threatening to re-enter the draft is the only leverage they have with Philly, but the question is what are they trying to leverage. If the maximum amount they can get as part of the transition rules is spelled out, and it's less than what Philly would have paid to sign them pre-lockout, the Flyers won't need to be leveraged. The Flyers just write the cheque. Could be the easiest negotiation ever, unless, like I said, one of them decides to spite the Flyers, but if they do that, it'll cost them a little money to do it.

At least that's how I see it.
Would there be any spite at all though? Even if they were signed by the Flyers before the lockout wouldn't that contract be subject to the 24% rollback? What would be the difference be between a pre lockout contract minus 24% and post lockout contract? The only thing that pops out that could make a real big difference in teh amount are the bonuses in the pre lockout rookie structure. I am sure Kovolchuk and Heatly enjoyed the old bonuse structure.

Man I am not a Bobby Clark fan(dont mind the Flyers) so I would like nothing more than these 2 young guys to stick it to him and not sign just b/c of spite. Take some of your own medicine Clarky. :biglaugh:

If the players arent mad I hope there agents are and have some pull with there clients.
The old ELS rookie max was $1.295M for 2004. With a 24% rollback that becomes $984K, over $150K higher than the rumoured new ELS limit of $850K - more than chump change. In addition, the old ELS schedule was for 3 years, the new one is expected to be for 4 years - an extra year of post-ELS RFA status. And of course, the open ended bonuses of the old ELS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad