Sunday 9:45PM: still negotiating, meeting ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattiboy13

Feb 4, 2005
im intersted in seeing in the press release tomorrow how accurate eklunds time and the "official" times are of the meetings ending are..

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
Well, I guess we know the guys at NW in Vancouver are reading Eklund tonight :biglaugh:

Deadline? Well, I suppose it's possible, but c'mon, almost at the finish line and what do you think is going on?...Bettman tells the PA...if we're not done by noon tomorrow, I'm cancelling the 05-06 season? LMFAO. Obviously, the goal was to be finished by noon Monday so Bettman could go to the executive committee meeting on Monday afternoon and say, we're done, but if he can't say we're done, he can say we're almost done and here's the update. The meeting is taking place for sure. My sense is he won't have his fully executed and legally binding (pending ratification of course) CBA in hand, but it's close, as in later Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, and we'll probably know how much closer by the time they meet tomorrow.

You guys kill me, go to bed...it's not time yet. At least one more sleep, and maybe two or three, until Santa, I mean, CBA arrives.

Good night. :p:

well i guess if bob says so

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Eklund's fool of it. No way a guy who is "reliable" wouldn't be on a major network on newspaper.

That said, I got school tommorow! lol ..l'm going to sleep!

Mattiboy13

Feb 4, 2005
BobMckenzie said:
Well, I guess we know the guys at NW in Vancouver are reading Eklund tonight :biglaugh:

Deadline? Well, I suppose it's possible, but c'mon, almost at the finish line and what do you think is going on?...Bettman tells the PA...if we're not done by noon tomorrow, I'm cancelling the 05-06 season? LMFAO. Obviously, the goal was to be finished by noon Monday so Bettman could go to the executive committee meeting on Monday afternoon and say, we're done, but if he can't say we're done, he can say we're almost done and here's the update. The meeting is taking place for sure. My sense is he won't have his fully executed and legally binding (pending ratification of course) CBA in hand, but it's close, as in later Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, and we'll probably know how much closer by the time they meet tomorrow.

You guys kill me, go to bed...it's not time yet. At least one more sleep, and maybe two or three, until Santa, I mean, CBA arrives.

If i may ask bob...what are you still doing up?

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
BobMckenzie said:

Who needs sleep? I like the buzz I get from 1.24 hours a night. Comes with the whole college-thing, I guess.

And besides, the later you stay up, the more time dinner has to digest. :p:

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Komisarek8 said:
Eklund's fool of it. No way a guy who is "reliable" wouldn't be on a major network on newspaper.

That said, I got school tommorow! lol ..l'm going to sleep!

Summer School?

MattintheHatt

May 31, 2005
Vancouver, BC
BobMckenzie said:

Bob speaks, I obey.

Thanks for all this Bob, it's been great to here your opinions on everything. Keep's our moral up!

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
MOJO in Vancouver just broke that the meetings just ended. They say that they will meet first thing in the morning. And that their sources are telling them that an announcement is comming Wednesday.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Scugs said:
MOJO in Vancouver just broke that the meetings just ended. They say that they will meet first thing in the morning. And that their sources are telling them that an announcement is comming Wednesday.

Yeah, TSN has an updated version of the article that went offline then came back and now got an update after that too.

Updated TSN article

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Scugs said:

Eklund :confused:

I AM so ConFUsed!!!!

I need some PROFESSIONAL help

that or some sleep

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Scugs said:
It's pretty good. Now we know this thing is complete tomorrow morning. :yo: :clap: :handclap:

You think so? I'm not really sure about that yet. Maybe it's just me not wanting to get my hopes up again yet but I don't see anything being announced for a few days. I would gladly be wrong about this though!!

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
oildrop said:
You think so? I'm not really sure about that yet. Maybe it's just me not wanting to get my hopes up again yet but I don't see anything being announced for a few days. I would gladly be wrong about this though!!

I don't mean announcement or anything tomorrow. I mean if MOJO earlier broke the news that there will be a deadline (today), and now we know that they are meeting early (today)... It's clear to me at least that they are crossing the final t's and dotting the final i's.

I hope.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
This is better than Christmas and every holliday combined. Just the thought of hockey makes me drool.

Do you think that the TSN will be showing any rounds of the draft live, bob? The draft sure will be fun.

The Joker*

great_one98 said:
This is better than Christmas and every holliday combined. Just the thought of hockey makes me drool.

Do you think that the TSN will be showing any rounds of the draft live, bob? The draft sure will be fun.
TSN will deffinately show the draft, any of the live roudns that is.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
I LOVE the floating head avatar myself for Bob...

bob_mckenzie-300x65.gif

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I agree with something here and that is that the deadline thing is scrap.

Come on, you've got parties that tried to save a season in FEBRUARY here. And one of these parties is now supposedly going around pushing a JULY 11, at Noon, deadline. And the rumored punishment for not meeting the deadline is the cancellation of 2005-06 season.

In JULY, I think I need to repeat that, we're in JULY!

Being this close to an agreement? Not a chance in hell this is true, or that it would actually be enforced if true, no way. Another line of Ekocaine fed to the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad