Sunday 9:45PM: still negotiating, meeting ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
cjbhab said:
The NHL and NHL Players' Association were still meeting Sunday night as they attempted to close out a tentative deal.

Read this sentence guys, taken straight from the article, I don't understand why they say "were" , "attemped" .. this is in past tense or whatever .. so does this mean its done. . i dunno why they wrote it this way, its confusing.

Who cares. Just try to think about the behemothic juggernaut they are about to unleash upon us. :D

cjbhab*

SENSational said:
Who cares. Just try to think about the behemothic juggernaut they are about to unleash upon us. :D

ya, but there is no whatever you said juggernaut thing if they aren't meeting, I just want to know whats happening? damnet, they should televise the meetings, lol.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Sooo any of you guys and gals gonna read this monstrosity once it's out or just get the Cliffs Notes?

acr*

The fact that they're meeting and talking to/updating the media at 9:45 on a Sunday Night shows me they're close and want to get it done.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
I have to interrupt you guys.

My reasons would best be expressed with a line from the movie "Midnight Run" starring the Robert De Niro, Charles Grodin, and 1996 American Comedy Award winner Dennis Farina who plays mob boss Jimmy Serrano.

"Make yourself a sandwich, drink a glass of milk... Do some ******' thing."

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
cjbhab said:
haha, wtf are you guys doing. lol. :D

He wrote IAWTP in another thread while quoting me and I wanted to know what it meant, he didn't reply to then other thread and since he's here, I thought I would write it here.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
How many times must it be said for people to get it.

A deal in principle will not be announced, because they want to make sure it's 100% done.

If they officially announce a deal in principle, then ratification *somehow* fails, it makes the NHL look extremely bad.

The only thing I can see happening is TSN/Sportsnet reporting the CBA is complete and is under the ratification process now.

Then we will have a slew of threads here saying "Guess when ratification will be complete!!" and "Is tomorrow the DAY!?!?!?!!?!"

Just WAIT. We've waited for almost a year. Watch the HR Derby tomorrow. Watch the All-Star game on Tuesday.

cjbhab*

Beauty said:
I'm in an overly optimistic mood. I bet they sign on the dotted line today, brah!

lets come up with another line eh, everyone on this board everyday, im in an overly optimistic mood, i bet they sign on the dotted line today, whoever started this is a god. lol, everyone stole it.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
cjbhab said:
lets come up with another line eh, everyone on this board everyday, im in an overly optimistic mood, i bet they sign on the dotted line today, whoever started this is a god. lol, everyone stole it.
In which case you just quoted god. ;)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Scugs said:
How many times must it be said for people to get it.

A deal in principle will not be announced, because they want to make sure it's 100% done.

If they officially announce a deal in principle, then ratification *somehow* fails, it makes the NHL look extremely bad.

The only thing I can see happening is TSN/Sportsnet reporting the CBA is complete and is under the ratification process now.

Then we will have a slew of threads here saying "Guess when ratification will be complete!!" and "Is tomorrow the DAY!?!?!?!!?!"

Just WAIT. We've waited for almost a year. Watch the HR Derby tomorrow. Watch the All-Star game on Tuesday.
The NHL will acknowledge that the document is done. It's a MASSIVE chunk of leverage since the BOG is a simple rubberstamp. The players know that if they turn down a deal that all the fans are aware of, there'll be hell to pay and they'd best run to Europe because they'd be done here.

Letting the world know that the haggling is done makes ratification almost a certainty. The fallout would be too great to chance.

djtino224

May 12, 2005
Long Island
norrisnick said:
Sooo any of you guys and gals gonna read this monstrosity once it's out or just get the Cliffs Notes?

Reading all 600 pages would give me a headache. I'll take the Cliffs Notes version.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
if a fan reads the 600 page thing then he has absolutely nothing to do...

that's ridiculous..no way i'm reading 600 pages..most of the **** you don't even need to know and isn't related to cap or wtv.

cjbhab*

I'll skim the document, but won't read it word for word, its summer, i got nothing else.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
cjbhab said:
I'll skim the document, but won't read it word for word, its summer, i got nothing else.

I've read the MLB CBA, it was about 100 pages or so and very interesting. I don't really think this will be 600 pages. And I will probably look it over, but not read it closely or anything.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Phil333 said:
I've read the MLB CBA, it was about 100 pages or so and very interesting. I don't really think this will be 600 pages. And I will probably look it over, but not read it closely or anything.
Do you know where I can find the MLB CBA? I'm trying to settle an argument with someone.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
Kritter471 said:
Do you know where I can find the MLB CBA? I'm trying to settle an argument with someone.

Damn. I used to have a copy on my desktop but dumped it. I'm about to go to bed. I'll write myself a note and look in the morning.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Geez, haven't you guys got this thing done yet? :biglaugh:

Hang tight, not too much longer now...the sense is no later than Wednesday and and maybe sooner than that (Monday? possibly but probably a long shot...Tuesday, perhaps).

All I can say is...lawyers, damn lawyers. :rant:

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:

Hang tight, not too much longer now...the sense is no later than Wednesday and and maybe sooner than that (Monday? possibly but probably a long shot...Tuesday, perhaps).

Thanks Bob.

You're the best.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
BobMckenzie said:

Honestly, do you think they would take more than a week for ratification?

Would they have to present this rumored 600 page document to 750 players??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad