Post-Game Talk: Sun., Apr. 13, 2014| Hurricanes 6 at Flyers 5 (SO)

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Everybody keeps downing Heeter, but who else was available outside of Emery(break) or Mason(hurt)? Surely Chubak or Stolarz would have done just as poorly in my opinion

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Next to Couturier and Read, I'm not too concerned about him being a defensive liability. My biggest concern is how small that line is on the wings.

If Akeson's ability to pass the puck opens up space, because that's what that line is lacking, creates more chances than Downie's physicality, I'm all for it.

The concern though is placing Akeson in that position against other opponents' top lines.

I think Laughton would be better suited for that role.

Maybe use Akeson as a foil for Lecavalier on the 4th line.

His 'new' St. Louis?

I just hope there isn't too much change, as we have been playing well.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Everybody keeps downing Heeter, but who else was available outside of Emery(break) or Mason(hurt)? Surely Chubak or Stolarz would have done just as poorly in my opinion
I doubt anyone thinks giving him the start in a meaningless game was a bad decision. It's just that this was his audition of sorts to be next year's backup, and he didn't look up to the challenge.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I finally finished watching the game, and had to come here to congratulate Heeter on the worst Flyer goalie performance I can remember in the past few years (yes, that includes Leighton's appearances) :)

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
That's too far back for me :)

Everybody keeps downing Heeter, but who else was available outside of Emery(break) or Mason(hurt)?
Well, yeah, no one is criticizing Berube, it's Heeter's fault, that's the point ;)

Surely Chubak or Stolarz would have done just as poorly in my opinion
This is completely irrelevant to the argument, though. It's also pure speculation. But I do think it was good to test Heeter, it was a meaningless game anyway.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad