Post-Game Talk: Sun., Apr. 13, 2014| Hurricanes 6 at Flyers 5 (SO)

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Lol, at khudobin celebrating. You're missing the playoffs and the only reason it was in a shootout was because of him! :laugh:

Playoff time. Lets go!

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Well, exciting game to finish the season. Akeson and Gus looked good, it's a shame we don't use them more.

Hartnell is dumb, do something Berube.

Heeter looks like he has potential, just had some nerves this game. At least he can move unlike Emery.

Gingeroux28

KreiderFace FTW
Jan 9, 2013
at your local rink!
Boo Flyers lost! :p:
Yay for comebacks! :yo:
Taps for the new guy! :handclap:

My fiance is trying to get tickets to game 1 or 2 at the Garden! We're planning to visit my family in New York for the holiday weekend so a game would be nice!

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Hey guys, I missed the majority of the game unfortunately.

I'm guessing that Heeter was weak due to 5 goals, am I right?

Also how was Akeson?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I really do think they should just change it to 3 vs 3, like they had in OT for a brief period against the Pens yesterday, that was cool.

There is the matter of convincing the PA and any change can be used as leverage by one side against the other. I doubt the PA will simply say, sure, 5 minutes more. The rewarding of two points for a shootout win equated to a 60-minute regulation victory is more of a farce than the shootout itself.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Akeson deserves a spot. Just look at how guys like Maroon prove their worth in the NHL. Akeson is a very talented player, and can be extremely useful if he's used correctly.

No reason to blow money on patch work players like Downie if we have a guy like Akeson ready to contribute. Bring in Laughton+Akeson next season, and this team's depth will be second to none.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
According to Bettman, "75% of the letters" he receives..are in favor of shootouts.

He must have stopped counting at four.

I really do think they should just change it to 3 vs 3, like they had in OT for a brief period against the Pens yesterday, that was cool.

I'll admit they can be entertaining when we win, but it's not a way to decide who the better hockey team is. I've been skeptical about extending overtime, but another five minutes for 3v3 would be super exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad