WWE: Summer Women's Tournament Announced

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I hope 32 means Iwatani is coming. As far as I'm concerned, she's the best in the world.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hope 32 means Iwatani is coming. As far as I'm concerned, she's the best in the world.

If she isn't signed, I'd be skeptical she would be in it. Is she going to come halfway across the world to put someone over in 5 minutes?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If she isn't signed, I'd be skeptical she would be in it. Is she going to come halfway across the world to put someone over in 5 minutes?
They could always put her in the second round. She's a huge name in Women's Wrestling and 2nd or even 3rd round match against Shairi would make the tournament alone.

As for travelling halfway around the world to wrestle for WWE, even if only 5 minutes? Yes. Yes I think she would.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Nothing particularly wrong with Mae Young, but she wasn't a big star in wrestling until the Attitude Era. Mildred Burke would have been a good choice if they were to name it after someone.

Yea, is Mae Young really the pioneer of women's wrestling that WWE makes her out to be? I don't remember ever hearing about her before she became a joke character in the attitude era. I bet nobody in the women's division Young before the attitude era except maybe Natalya and Charlotte.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Ten names confirmed per PWInsider

• Bianca Blair - standout at the WWE Performance Center and signed in April 2016
  • Danielle Kamela - WWE developmental talent, trained at WWE Hall of Famer Rikishi's school
  • Julia Ho - WWE developmental talent with MMA background, trained with Brian Kendrick
  • Kimberly Frankele - WWE NXT talent, formerly known as Kimber Lee on the indies
  • Lacey Evans - NXT talent and a Marine, formerly known as Macey Estrella
  • Mary Kate - NXT talent and formerly known as Rosie Lottalove in TNA
  • Sarah Logan - NXT talent, formerly known as Sarah Bridges in NXT and Crazy Mary Dobson on the indies
  • Taynara Melo - WWE developmental talent signed last year, black belt from Brazil
  • Victoria Gonzales - WWE developmental talent signed in 2016, college athlete and daughter of Rudy Boy Gonzales
  • Zhao Xia - WWE's first female Chinese talent

Last edited:
Reactions: sheriff bart

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WWE did an offical announcement today with four names:

Toni Storm - A Kiwi from Stardom, and basically every notable UK promotion
Lacey Evans - NXT (Homegrown)
Sarah Logan - NXT (former Crazy Mary Dobson)
Princesa Sugehit - Luchador from CMLL (I know nothing about her)

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Man I hope my local girl Alexxis Nevaeh makes the cut for this tournament. I know she had a tryout recently and really impressed the NXT brass.

[EDIT]OOPS! Nevermind, I just found out Alexxis is signed with Impact under her real name.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would guess that they each have good showings in the tournament if they're being singled out like that.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Getting in on the ground floor and predicting Mike Kanellis to get the winning pin, or at least lay the winning woman on top of her prone opponent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad