Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@Evilo

Did you also see French sources linking Joel Matip to PSG? Anything there?

Don’t think losing Lovren and Matip in the same window is a good choice unless a solid (not a young developmental) CB is coming in

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
For Man United, certainly. Don’t see why Dortmund need to compromise and do them a favor though.

Because multiple sources of varying credibility are saying they want the whole amount but are fine with it being in multiple installments. That's a good deal in the Coronaclimate transfer market.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Because multiple sources of varying credibility are saying they want the whole amount but are fine with it being in multiple installments. That's a good deal in the Coronaclimate transfer market.
It’s really not though. Sancho isn’t likely to lose value. Dortmund shouldn’t sell low. Not just to United but to anyone.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They want 120M €. They're getting 120M €.
That remains to be seen, and the sources aren’t great. Not saying it won’t happen, but if I’m Dortmund and I want a certain fee at a certain time I’m digging my heels in.

for arguments sake what if Dortmund want 120m, but if Man Utd wants to spread it out, maybe they want 150m total for being made to wait an extra two season for Interest on the transfer fee. Not that the extra 30m makes a difference to United, but Dortmund have all the leverage here. I wouldn’t sell on United’s terms

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
That remains to be seen, and the sources aren’t great. Not saying it won’t happen, but if I’m Dortmund and I want a certain fee at a certain time I’m digging my heels in.

for arguments sake what if Dortmund want 120m, but if Man Utd wants to spread it out, maybe they want 150m total for being made to wait an extra two season for Interest on the transfer fee. Not that the extra 30m makes a difference to United, but Dortmund have all the leverage here. I wouldn’t sell on United’s terms

everyone spreads these payments out now. Every team does this. How much up front is a fine debate but the whole “they can’t pay it all up front” stuff is completely silly. No one is paying 130m in cash up front. Not now, not 5 years ago.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
everyone spreads these payments out now. Every team does this. How much up front is a fine debate but the whole “they can’t pay it all up front” stuff is completely silly. No one is paying 130m in cash up front. Not now, not 5 years ago.
Yeah what transfer that's over 100mil has been payed completely upfront? There's no way those deals aren't paid in installments.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For sure that’s fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad