Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 8 - Things Are Getting Messi

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If this is the week they sell Kane....will today's win do anything to convince a player who wants off their club but may have not previously considered Spurs as a landing spot?
I doubt it, especially with so little time left in the window.

I think the win will just add to the confidence, and 'convince' Spurs players that they can still compete without Kane.

Reactions: Rob

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Since apparently Braithwaite wants to play in England again and has told WestHam he prefers Spurs.....when Kane is sold, how about him for the season (not expecting anything near the results of course, but he may want to play there) and next window when a new group of forwards are available use the bulk to replace Kane then?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Since apparently Braithwaite wants to play in England again and has told WestHam he prefers Spurs.....when Kane is sold, how about him for the season (not expecting anything near the results of course, but he may want to play there) and next window when a new group of forwards are available use the bulk to replace Kane then?

They would have to sign Vlahovic if Kane left. Braithwaite isn't good enough for that role. But they could sign both.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Braithwaite would be another Lucas. Nothing Spurs should ever consider.

Beating City can't hurt. I don't necessarily think all this decisions are that rational. Come end of the window and a player would have to make a quick decision etc. I know that from my own life having had to choose between jobs that there is always doubt/uncertainty. Small things might just move someone from 49 to 51%. Most likely it doesn't matter though of course. And if Spurs lose against Wolverhampton you are kind of back to square one.

Probably the player it might influence the most would be Kane. Not that he would say no to City, but it would be easier to get over not going to City if Spurs are actually looking OK. Still only one game - and it wasn't like Spurs played City off the park.

Surprisingly gone very quiet around rumours for Spurs. If Kane leaves you would expect that there is a striker signing this week.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Please, please, please Premiership clubs come and get Coutinho and Griezmann.
Barca are actually rumored to want to use them in a swap deal with Arsenal. Aubameyang is a potential target because he is falling out with Arteta but it would obviously be ridiculous to get rid of him (although maybe not for Griezmann). Please take Lacazette, and give us one of them.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The guy that took them to the CL finals and set up the GWG yesterday? Yea, what a drag to have another one of that.

Not sure where the sarcasm is coming from. I watch Denmark a lot, as I do with all Scandinavian teams, and he is nothing special. Certainly not a no. 9 for a top half PL team. He isn't really a no. 9 for anyone - not the kind of player he is.

If you think Braithwaite took anyone to a CL final - then by all means.

Reactions: Fro

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Not sure where the sarcasm is coming from. I watch Denmark a lot, as I do with all Scandinavian teams, and he is nothing special. Certainly not a no. 9 for a top half PL team. He isn't really a no. 9 for anyone - not the kind of player he is.

If you think Braithwaite took anyone to a CL final - then by all means.

I meant Lucas and you saying, "we dont need another one", was very dismissal of Lucas.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Playing Dumfries at RB is suicide defensively. He's RWB or bust.

Sounds like you’ve only watched compilations of him. Dumfries is a limited back, let me get that straight. I don’t like his decision making/football smarts. He’s often too enthusiastic and has poor technical skills. You can have soft hands in hockey, but Dumfries really has hard feet on the football pitch. But he’s made it this far based on sheer passion. He lays it all on the line and really has the energy and endurance to cover much of an entire flank. He’s always involved and in the thick of things. 15M is a low price to pay considering he showed himself on the international stage as well this summer. But PSV isn’t really known for getting the most money out of their players.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I meant Lucas and you saying, "we dont need another one", was very dismissal of Lucas.

Fair enough. Still don't think we need another Lucas. I love Lucas for his effort and he seems like a brilliant man, but doesn't take away the fact that he blows hot and cold. And I don't think we are short on wingers/wide forwards. We got at least 4. And hopefully Bergwijn or Gil will develop so that Lucas doesn't play all that much.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
A bit surprised that Spurs are looking for another midfield player. Sissoko is still around. I think he would leave, but if he stays he would actually be very well suited to play in the role Højbjerg and Alli played in yesterday. But even without Sissoko you still got Ndombele, Lo Celso and Winks.

I guess if both Winks and Sissoko are out then sure. All indications are that Winks would like to stay though.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Think we should keep Ndombele and try to cash in on winks...but may need to keep him to account for homegrown quotas

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Think we should keep Ndombele and try to cash in on winks...but may need to keep him to account for homegrown quotas

I'm quite neutral on Winks. Clearly he has not been very good for quite some time, but I don't think he is a useless football player. Far from it. I don't want to read all that much into one game, which Spurs very well could have lost, but I don't think there is any doubt quite a few players looked better now than in a long time. Could something similar happen to Winks? I wouldn't rule it out.

If Winks becomes "serviceable" then you got a home grown player that wouldn't cost enormous amounts of money in salary filling in when necessary. In many ways the perfect 5/6th choice.

Ndombele is different. Either he becomes a regular in the startine line-up or he should leave. I don't ever see Ndombele being a squad player like Winks.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca