Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 6

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
@les Habs it was from cgf post in the other thread

would be even be 3rd string. You have pique /lenglet/ronald/ Garcia and Oscar. Maybe in that order.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah I've tried very hard to say nothing but that's one of the worst uses of 75 million humanly imaginable. Ultimately time will tell though.
It really is. We have the potential to build a superteam with our young pieces but Arteta and Edu are throwing that away. Saka, ESR, Tierney, Saliba, Joe ”7 in 7” Willock, Martinelli, Gabriel. That is a wonderful young core that we should add to with proven established stars and not guys like White, Tavares and Lokonga that don’t improve our first 11 at all.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Yeah I've tried very hard to say nothing but that's one of the worst uses of 75 million humanly imaginable. Two of these players were never mentioned on this website and we pretty much talk about anyone and everyone. Ultimately time will tell though.

I forgot converting White's supposed price into Euro's so it's actually like €10M more.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It really is. We have the potential to build a superteam with our young pieces but Arteta and Edu are throwing that away. Saka, ESR, Tierney, Saliba, Joe ”7 in 7” Willock, Martinelli, Gabriel. That is a wonderful young core that we should add to with proven established stars and not guys like White, Tavares and Lokonga that don’t improve our first 11 at all.

Yeah I don’t know what they’re thinking. Reminds me of that summer Wenger went insane on the last day and bought all trash.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah I don’t know what they’re thinking. Reminds me of that summer Wenger went insane on the last day and bought all trash.
That was Gazidis who overruled Wenger though. From 1996-2015 Arsenal were the best run club in the world thanks to Wenger but then we threw it all away in favour of ”stat led recruitment” and turned to shit. United spent 120 million on Fred, Dan James and Wan Bissaka though so I guess it could be worse

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal was the best run club? Jesus
Arsenal had a smaller budget than West Ham, Villa and Everton between 2006 and 2013 because of the stadium move yet they finished top 4 and competed for trophies every year despite feeding off scraps. In Wenger’s early years Henry, Vieira, Van Persie, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Overmars, Anelka all signed extremely cheaply and made into superstars. No club comes close to being as well run.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Okay so ~€85M on White, Lokonga and Tavares? Lmao

Edit: forgot converting White's price to Euros. Even worse.
And are supposedly in for Locatelli.

I guess we could have been Spurs and spent that much on a manager search. At least you guys lost your best defender and Bale, again!

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Yeah I've tried very hard to say nothing but that's one of the worst uses of 75 million humanly imaginable. Two of these players were never mentioned on this website and we pretty much talk about anyone and everyone. Ultimately time will tell though.

Right because HFboards is the mecca of soccer talent scouting. I bet if a team like Leicester signed those 2 players everyone would be saying, "much wow great scouting!"

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Right because HFboards is the mecca of soccer talent scouting. I bet if a team like Leicester signed those 2 players everyone would be saying, "much wow great scouting!"
I agree that we spent the money in bad way, but also agree that Leicester would be praised for it. At least those are all young players that hopefully develop well at the end of the day.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I don’t know how to respond to this, but we talk about everyone here. The only post about Lokonga prior to the signing from the one person here who watches the Belgian league said he had a bad season. Not like you watched him and have any proof to refute that.

Reactions: robertmac43

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
And are supposedly in for Locatelli.

I guess we could have been Spurs and spent that much on a manager search. At least you guys lost your best defender and Bale, again!

Spurs spent much during their managerial search? Lost their best defender?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I don’t know how to respond to this, but we talk about everyone here. The only post about Lokonga prior to the signing from the one person here who watches the Belgian league said he had a bad season. Not like you watched him and have any proof to refute that.

And where were the posts about Martinelli, Smith Rowe and Saka? All HFBoards did was say how shit Arsenal's academy is yet one became an England starter that had the balls to take the final penalty in an international finals.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
And where were the posts about Martinelli, Smith Rowe and Saka? All HFBoards did was say how shit Arsenal's academy is yet one became an England starter that had the balls to take the final penalty in an international finals.

How much money did Arsenal spend on those three players?

I’ll wait all day for you to give me some f***ed up explanation about how that’s the same thing as spending 75 million. Talk about a serious false equivalency you drew up in your head there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad