Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Players on a free get insane money.

Yeah thats fine. No issue with it.

What I'm saying is United already have unrest because of Alexis' wages. They'd have been bonkers to give Ander Herrera that kind of money. He's a fine player, but he's a squad player.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm fine with players getting paid. It's what it is. It's their option to wind a contract down.

The issue I've got is when they do it to smaller clubs who really need their transfer fees to keep afloat. If players just say, nope, not taking a move, I'm gonna go on a free, it can really hurt smaller clubs.

Bigger teams seeing a few players do it stings, but they're more able to deal with it, and have profited from the free agent movement.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Harry Wilson is better than Shaqiri, but he should be playing more and isn't at the level good enough to rotate with our front 3 I think. He will probably be sold, unfortunately, since they bought Shaqiri only last summer.

I keep seeing all these big teams supposedly being interested in Coutinho and that the asking price is set at 100m pounds. What a terrible buy that will be the 2nd time around if it actually happens. Neymar wants him at PSG but I can't see that happening.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Harry Wilson is better than Shaqiri, but he should be playing more and isn't at the level good enough to rotate with our front 3 I think. He will probably be sold, unfortunately, since they bought Shaqiri only last summer.

I keep seeing all these big teams supposedly being interested in Coutinho and that the asking price is set at 100m pounds. What a terrible buy that will be the 2nd time around if it actually happens. Neymar wants him at PSG but I can't see that happening.
It doesn't hurt Liverpool at all to keep Wilson, but I can't see it happening.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool could generate £100m as Klopp makes transfer decisions

Players on this list include *alphabetically*:
  • Awoniyi (£10m, Schalke interested)
  • Camacho (£10m, Sporting interested)
  • Clyne (£15m, Bournemouth and West Ham interested)
  • Ejaria
  • Grujic (£20m+, Berlin interested)
  • Kent (£12m, Rangers interested)
  • Mignolet (£12m)
  • Ojo
  • Wilson (£20m+, or possible PL loan)
Doesn't say anything in terms of incomings, but not surprisingly with one game left on the schedule. Sturridge likely to walk being out of contract as well obviously

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah I think Cavani is pushed away because Mbappe is scoring like crazy at CF. He has a goal a game since he was moved there (during Cavani's injury).

Makes sense to me. There's really no reason why he wouldn't explode at CF ala Messi. I would move him there and grab one of the many great wingers.

Arsenal are linked to Walter Kannemann

@John Pedro Need your help again. What's your opinion on him?

Also they're linked with Djene Dakonam. Any La Liga viewers that can offer their opinion on him? He seems short for a CB.

A very strong but slowish defender. He hasn't been bad for the NT at all but not super impressive either. I much prefer Pezzela over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad