Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah. You don´t get deals done early unless 1) you overpay and/or 2) the player is desperate to join a specific team.

Obviously there are still a lot of players desperate to join Utd, but not high profile ones.

All selling teams are hoping for a bidding war. So why accept bids already now? More the exception than the norm.
It depends.
I'm sure there could have been a bidding war for Fabinho, but Liverpool met the price quickly, and the player wanted to go there.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I hate that you're right.

I mean, it's obviously more complex than that, but I think there's going to be a strong push for United to try and retool, not rebuild. Buying players like that who are at their peak, more so than needing two or three seasons is going to be the aims for some of leadership.

Once again, they need to make sure their leadership changes or things won't change.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It depends.
I'm sure there could have been a bidding war for Fabinho, but Liverpool met the price quickly, and the player wanted to go there.

There are exceptions, but to me it sounded like Fabinho was allowed to leave at a given price (you know this better than me of course). Liverpool met that target and Fabinho wanted the move.

Not the way transfers usually go.

Fekir could have been similar in the sense that it seemed to be a specific target to be met.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sounds like if Brighton get Potter than his first signing will be bringing in Swansea's Dan James. 21 years old coming off a year with 4 goals and 9 assists, not too shabby.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Agoume looks like an incredible talent. Surprised Alexis would go to Norwich...definitely thought he'd go to a bigger team after this season he's had.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Tuchel wants Aubameyang, but Arsenal will rebuff any approach.

Not sure what he's thinking. Weird manager.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Stupid question but do LFC even really have the capital to make a big move? If what I'm seeing is true about them being on the hook for Coutinho leaving Barca I have to imagine it is going to put a damper on things

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Tuchel wants Aubameyang, but Arsenal will rebuff any approach.

Not sure what he's thinking. Weird manager.

Cavani is leaving. I still don't get it.

He has always highly valued his former players even when it didn't make sense on the surface to anyone. Brought Schürrle to Dortmund for some reason. Has tried to get Weigl, Guerreiro, and apparently Aubameyang in Paris if you believe the rumors.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Stupid question but do LFC even really have the capital to make a big move? If what I'm seeing is true about them being on the hook for Coutinho leaving Barca I have to imagine it is going to put a damper on things
They've made an abundant amount of money from these last two years in the champions league. im sure they do, but they are probably being wise with it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
link?

They recorded record profit last year and collected above £100M for this year CL run.

They might have to sell to buy but they should get around €100M from sales just by selling fringes. I would be greatly surprised if they are forced to sale core players that would greatly damage the image of the club.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They have the money, but I think they are saving some to raise wages even more when their great players want more. This squad is going to stay together.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
On the hook for Coutinho what?

Anyway I would be pretty disappointed if there isn't at least one key signing if not two. If Liverpool want to consistently bring this level they need to be proactive not wait until something goes wrong or someone like van Dijk or Firmino misses a lot of time.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They just need one big signing. Which is why they were at the Lille-Lyon game.

If they only want to spend 20m net that wouldn't be hard to do. Ings is gone for 20m. Clyne is gone, Grujic is gone, Camacho is likely gone, Mignolet is probably gone, Awoniyi is gone because he can't get a work permit, Lallana might be gone, Kent and Wilson are probably gone. Every year Liverpool has more dead weight than they know what to do with because they've bought some good youth players for super cheap and created some through the academy.

Milner's contract is a year longer than everyone thought so no need for a midfielder.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I thought James was pretty much set for United.

I thought so too. Him moving to Brighton would fully rest on us appointing Potter as Manager. He likes Potter and is familiar with his system. plus it gives him a stepping stone club where he may get more playing time and just be overall more comfortable/familiar.

Reactions: Gecklund

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I assume he means that Liverpool wouldn't get a portion of the variables if Barça sell Coutinho.

If he plays one more game, Liverpool will get €5m more from games played. Already received €10m.
€10m from two consecutive CL qualifications.

So Barcelona could apparently save €15m by selling him if he never put on their shirt again. Doesn't really matter to Liverpool at that point. Almost everyone knew it was a bad deal and everyone on this forum knew it was. Don't know how Liverpool got those variables in the first place.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If he plays one more game, Liverpool will get €5m more from games played. Already received €10m.
€10m from two consecutive CL qualifications.

So Barcelona could apparently save €15m by selling him if he never put on their shirt again. Doesn't really matter to Liverpool at that point. Almost everyone knew it was a bad deal and everyone on this forum knew it was. Don't know how Liverpool got those variables in the first place.

Yeah, that's great. I was just explaining to him what I thought the other poster meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad