Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 11: Sky Sports Deadline show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Herbert's Chapman's dream of building the greatest club ever has been destroyed by an American fraud. Arsenal have endured irreparable damage and there's so way back, from dominating England in the mid 2000s to this. Endless spiral of decline and mediocrity with no way back because of Kroenke and not buying players. Our midfield is not top 10 quality.
Arsenal midfield isn’t PL quality let alone top 10 :laugh:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Of course! Two titles won since 2000 is totally dominant! It’s not like anyone won the title 5 times between 2000-2010 or even 3 times!
Yeah, I'd say United dominated during that stretch. Arsenal was #2 for a bit, and then Chelsea was #2 for a bit. Once City came along, it started being balanced again, but still usually United/City/Chelsea.

Reactions: Gecklund

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal finished in the top 2 every season between 1997-98 and 2005, winning three leagues and 4 FA Cups. That is dominant, even though you could argue United were on par or even slightly better. Arsenal are also the most consistent team in English football history, and the only team to never fall out of being a top club for long stretches, unlike Liverpool and United. Arsenal were at their most dominant under Hebert Chapman though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Arsenal finished in the top 2 every season between 1997-98 and 2005, winning three leagues and 4 FA Cups. That is dominant, even though you could argue United were on par or even slightly better. Arsenal are also the most consistent team in English football history, and the only team to never fall out of being a top club for long stretchen, like Liverpool and United. Arsenal were at their most dominant under Hebert Chapman though.
You can’t say a team dominated when they didn’t even win the most titles during your arbitrary time period. :laugh:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Wenger was very consistent, but still only had 3 titles in the late 90s/early 00s. In a league with parity you could call it dominate, but now one where another team was more accomplished during that time.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Arsenal finished in the top 2 every season between 1997-98 and 2005, winning three leagues and 4 FA Cups. That is dominant, even though you could argue United were on par or even slightly better. Arsenal are also the most consistent team in English football history, and the only team to never fall out of being a top club for long stretches, unlike Liverpool and United. Arsenal were at their most dominant under Hebert Chapman though.
You could argue United was on par with Arsenal? :laugh:

Reactions: East Coast Bias

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Considering Aouar and Partey are both very eager to join Arsenal, it is scandalous from the worst owner in football, Stan Kroenke, to not invest.
Preach blud!!!! This weekend is going to be a very bad period for us, nobody is coming in at all.

There's a part which hopes that Aouar underperforms/gets nagging injuries and loses all his value so Aulas can go to a retire home where he belongs.

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Cavani to United for 2 years according to ESPN

though I have seen a couple other stories earlier that his agent wanted 10m and United balked at that. So we’ll see.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd 100% sell CHO with an obligation to buy of 80+, and then get someone like Benrahma for depth. That's nothing against CHO, I'd still love to keep him, but he'd pretty much pay for Havertz in that scenario.

Reactions: Blender

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I mean, I wouldn't say I wouldn't consider this.

80m€? For CHO?
Thank god that Chelsea is dumb enough to reject that if true.
Thats madness. We already have Sané/Gnabry/Coman.
CHO as a 4th guy to rotate with the other 3 would be amazing but that fee is ridiculous.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Cavani to United for 2 years according to ESPN

though I have seen a couple other stories earlier that his agent wanted 10m and United balked at that. So we’ll see.

I’m torn about this. Obviously Cavani would be a great addition but it’s blocking time for Greenwood at ST.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
80m€? For CHO?
Thank god that Chelsea is dumb enough to reject that if true.
Thats madness. We already have Sané/Gnabry/Coman.
CHO as a 4th guy to rotate with the other 3 would be amazing but that fee is ridiculous.
That's why I'm genuinely confused as to why Bayern really wants him and why CHO really wants to go there. I'm sure Sancho convinced him that Germany is a good place to go, that's been reported in the past, but Bayern would be a pretty hard place to go to get big minutes.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I also doubt that reported number on some level, but it will take something stupid since CHO is signed long-term, and especially if they don't want to pay anything or much upfront.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I’m torn about this. Obviously Cavani would be a great addition but it’s blocking time for Greenwood at ST.

we need the depth. It’s a condensed season and these guys got a few weeks off since June. They’ll be enough games to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad