Transfer: Summer Transfer Discussion Thread 7

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Part of me wonders if this is posturing, between Barcelona and La Liga. Your not gonna give us wiggle room on the financing, were gonna let Messi go and there is zero chance he stays in La Liga, i bet your new broadcast partner will be happy.

But this announcement along with the one last week regarding banks still rating them does not look good at all.

Reactions: bluesfan94

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Let's be honest.

if PSG has a chance, they would basically let him fill in the contract, let his dad fill in the money under the table, and pay him whatever he wants.
Messi has become the face of the 2022 World Cup with a whopping 50m a year contract..........

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
I just don’t see / wouldn’t understand City signing Jack, Messi, and Kane I’m the same window. Where would they all play?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The way the statement reads, with both placing the blame on La Liga, ans Madrid simultaneously attacking La Liga over the CVC deal - it almost looks orchestrated!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
That's a bummer, I wanted Messi to stay with Barca for life.

Inter Miami :D

miami fc.JPG

LFG

Reactions: Panteras

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I feel for the one player, one club bit. Messi is attached to Barca.

that said, stupid economic decisions on their part is what led to this. You don’t get to keep the Benz when you don’t pay the bills. The bank repossess it. Sucks, but that’s life. They’ve spent like the gravy train was never ending, and Messi took more money than was economically viable. So welcome to the result.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

she and others are thinking this isn’t over.

Leo Messi not staying at FC Barcelona
Despite club and player reaching an agreement and their clear intention to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of financial and structural obstacles
Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of financial and structural obstacles (Spanish Liga regulations).
As a result of this situation, Messi shall not be staying on at FC Barcelona. Both parties deeply regret that the wishes of the player and the club will ultimately not be fulfilled.
FC Barcelona wholeheartedly expresses its gratitude to the player for his contribution to the aggrandisement of the club and wishes him all the very best for the future in his personal and professional life.

I mean, the phrasing of the statement tells me it is not over.

Real posted their statement about the CVC deal 5 minutes before or after.

The big two are putting pressure on La Liga so they can continue to compete with the oil clubs in European competitions.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Been watching Messi since his “rookie” year. It will be interesting to see him elsewhere.

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If it’s a ploy then it’s barca and Messi vs Tebas. The contract was supposed to be signed today I’m guessing la liga rejected it and we have come to this. 50/50

I've only skimmed things, but I'm seeing something about a last minute disagreement and he wanted Romero? I don't necessarily buy that. Either way, not happy with today's news but I'll comment later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad