Transfer: Summer Transfer Discussion Thread 7

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Laporte interview at 11am tomorrow. We either get some real confirmation or some fluff. I’d like this to be over ASAP one way or another.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I mean, the phrasing of the statement tells me it is not over.

Real posted their statement about the CVC deal 5 minutes before or after.

The big two are putting pressure on La Liga so they can continue to compete with the oil clubs in European competitions.

Well the CVC deal would help allow them to compete, though again I would vote against it. The big issue, which some here don't seem to understand, is the salary cap. It's not the only issue, see Covid and bad business decisions, but it's a big issue. I posted about it over a week and even if a club takes in a lot of money only a relatively small portion can be invested back into transfers wages. I think the concept is good, but the details are off.

Anyway, the fact there is a statement tells me it's over. Never say never and it could change, but why release a statement and that statement in particular at all? It wasn't a formally scheduled event in the first place.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-8-5_14-57-19.png

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I'll believe it when I see it..

Looks like Laporta is pressuring Tebas to cave and make an exception for the big 2 once again. Also probably has to do with that huge deal LaLiga just signed. Wouldn't look good on Tebas if the biggest star is leaving the next day. Odds are this is a ploy to get Tebas to cave and bend the rules and get back to his lapdog of Barca/Real status.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They also announced the signing of Johannes Eggestein from Werder. Wasn't he a huge prospect once?

Once...*sigh*

One of the most elegant attackers I've ever seen at youth levels, JoJo got killed by injuries right as he was trying to make the jump to the senior level & missed the better part of 3 years. He did well for LASK in Austria last season, but Werder's coach doesn't rate him.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I'll believe it when I see it..

Looks like Laporta is pressuring Tebas to cave and make an exception for the big 2 once again. Also probably has to do with that huge deal LaLiga just signed. Wouldn't look good on Tebas if the biggest star is leaving the next day. Odds are this is a ploy to get Tebas to cave and bend the rules and get back to his lapdog of Barca/Real status.

Actually after reading the official announcement on the FCB website it sounds very much like it is this.
States:
"After having reached an agreement on a contract, it can't be formalized because of economic obstacles by the La Liga structure"

All hope's not lost

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If it’s a ploy then it’s barca and Messi vs Tebas. The contract was supposed to be signed today I’m guessing la liga rejected it and we have come to this. 50/50

this is 1000% a PR move to blame La Liga for Messi leaving.

The wording is very clear - it’s not we couldn’t agree - it’s we agreed but they won’t let us agree

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
this is 1000% a PR move to blame La Liga for Messi leaving.

The wording is very clear - it’s not we couldn’t agree - it’s we agreed but they won’t let us agree
Still remains to be seen if Tebas blinks but what’s clear is that a contract is formalized they just can’t sign it

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Oil money, state money and workers' money isn't enough?
They could compete if they stopped throwing money around like crazy for players like Coutinho.
No, they also need a middle eastern state money! :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad